GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best box setup for a crew cab? would i bet better off running one real good 12 in a console? or something with the under or behind the backseat?

let me konw what yall have
or a place in houston that builds console boxes at a decent price

·
Registered
21 Posts
100 sq ft of Dynamat Extreme in the doors, back wall and floor. The roof and hood are this spring along with a new amp rack, another 2 JL12W6's behind the rear seat and more power. It helps to have friends in the stereo business or I would have spent a chunck of change.
John

·
Registered
50 Posts
that center console idea is pretty trick. havent seen one like that before. but if you're looking for simplicity and good bass, than a box behind the rear seat is best. of course you are limited to how big of a sub you can put back there. plus its easy to make an amp rack for underneith the seat.here's mine behind my rear seat.
1230061343.jpg

1230061344.jpg

in another year or so i'm looking to put 2 bucket seats in the rear and run a center consol all the way from the front to the rear, and throw in a few more subs. i have 2 RE subs waiting to put in, just have to build another box.
look into some Raammat instead of Dynomat. cheaper and more efficiant. you can probably do your whole crew for about $400.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
I don't know about "best" setup, but I'm very happy with the little box that I have, a simple covered MDF with two 8" JL subs with the amp under the seat...

GMCamp2.jpg

GMCsubs2.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts