GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys I have a 2000 ECSB 5.3 v8 im wanting to build into a fully functional DD with alot more kick than the average silvy on the road. I do a lot of highway driving from OKC to TX and I need it to hav good manners cruising at 75. Basically my question is what would yall recommend as a good setup as far as cam, stall, valve springs ect. already have Stainless LT & OR-Y on the way. Just wanted to see what my options are and what other guys have had luck with.

·
4,725 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
well you could go with a mild cam, im running a LS hot cam from Chevrolet performance, long tubes and a tune. it gets along pretty good I get about 17-19 highway and 13-15 city little down but not much. If I was you I would buy a comp cam or whatever brand ya like with .550 or less lift. mine is at .525 and 218/227 duration i believe and it does good. id just call a cam company and tell them what your looking for and have them recommend you a cam, buy just the cam, and find a cheap set of ls6 valve springs to go with it. Get some shorties or long tubes, pref. long tubes and cat delete. ls6 or nnbs intake, idk which is better for DD. and if you want a little more and got the money id try to find some 243/799 cylinder heads or even 241's and have them ported. whatever you do, id do it all at once instead of when you can so you dont have to retune everytime you work on it. or like said above and supercharge it, thatd be the best way but probably cost a little more, just depends on your budget. thats why i didnt do any more to mine.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
my setup is my DD and before that I had a H/C L33 5.3 with a 223-226 610-605 110+4 cam.
had no problem dding that at all.
a 212-218 would be a good cam to start with but I am sure you will get bored quickly and wish you went bigger

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
depends what you consider DD? i DD mine but my gf wont even drive it? ahha just depends. mild build.... Long tube headers, mild cam 220, or 212/218 low lift. and a 2800-3200 stall. good tune. ebay intake and a free flowing exhuast like borla or magnaflow... will deff move out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts