GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
all of us can agree that u should do things once,dont drop it now and bagg it is 4 months from now,just save and be the happiest in the end

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
DJM suspension uses 5" drop LCA's and includes new UCA's for better alignment. Personally, I would go with a McGaughy's kit because you can always keep the 2" drop spindles if you plan to bag. Also if you have 20's or plan to have 20's before your drop. I suggest you get the nbs tahoe spindles.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
groundscraper said:
DJM suspension uses 5" drop LCA's and includes new UCA's for better alignment. Personally, I would go with a McGaughy's kit because you can always keep the 2" drop spindles if you plan to bag. Also if you have 20's or plan to have 20's before your drop. I suggest you get the nbs tahoe spindles.

whats the difference with orginal spindles and nbs tahoe spindles?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
ya, i didn't think that DJM uses Drop coils to lower the front on their 5/7 and 4/6 kits.

The kit on Ebay looks like it might be from Western Chasis.

-Chris

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
blueice said:
wouldnt spindles and springs be easier to install than the lca
On NBS, removing the balljoints from the spindle is a PITA. They're not as easy as OBS Trucks are. If you do a DJM 5" drop you have to do it anyway, but the good thing is that you can use a pickle fork to separate them since you get new balljoints with the DJM UCA and LCA's. I only suggested spindles because if you plan to go with bags later, you have the option of leaving those in for 2" extra drop.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
groundscraper said:
On NBS, removing the balljoints from the spindle is a PITA. They're not as easy as OBS Trucks are. If you do a DJM 5" drop you have to do it anyway, but the good thing is that you can use a pickle fork to separate them since you get new balljoints with the DJM UCA and LCA's. I only suggested spindles because if you plan to go with bags later, you have the option of leaving those in for 2" extra drop.
Exactly.....

but if you are like me, and know the drawbacks to most air bag setups, and want to keep it a Practical Daily driver, stick with a static drop, and don't get spindles.... they decrease your turning radius alot, and most of them push your front wheels out about 0.5".

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
02chevy said:
chris99gmc, have u owned a bagged truck

Four of my good friends drived bagged chevy's(s-10's and full sizes)... all completely different setups......

all of them have Huge holes in their wallets and want to get rid of their trucks, or just can't because they are broken, even though they 'love' the way it looks.... go figure :head:

Did I mention the fact of resale????... let's not go there

Air bags are nice, and totally bad ass, so don't get me wrong..... i'd personally just rather take my chances spending alot less cash getting a static and keeping it simple, reliable, and still able to sell for a decent price in the future. You can still have bags and have a reliable setup(hopefully if it's done right), but it's gunna cost a pretty penny.

just as simple as this..... bags aren't for everybody

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
Exactly.....

but if you are like me, and know the drawbacks to most air bag setups, and want to keep it a Practical Daily driver, stick with a static drop, and don't get spindles.... they decrease your turning radius alot, and most of them push your front wheels out about 0.5".
Well, I know Belltech spindles for NBS trucks do that, but I've yet to hear any of these complaints about McGaughys.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts