GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gas one but it would be nice to have an electric one to use in the garage or when I want to use one for a quick car was with no noise.

So what is the best electric pressure out there for a decent price? I seen a few on amazon with mixed reviews.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I've got a sunjoe? XPS3000. ~2000psi I believe, but probably overrated. My dad has a 1500 or 1700psi unit and I cant tell a difference between them. So its not all that powerful and will take a minute to really wash away serious mud and gravel crap but for general vehicle washing it works well. I usually use it to knock all the grit and what not off before a hand wash. The hose it comes with is rather short so it requires moving it around the truck to be able to reach everywhere and the whole unit's plastic feels pretty cheap, but I think thats something that is going to be seen with most electric washers.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Electric powerwashers are junk
Yes but better than just the garden hose. IMO.

I've got a sunjoe? XPS3000. ~2000psi I believe, but probably overrated. My dad has a 1500 or 1700psi unit and I cant tell a difference between them. So its not all that powerful and will take a minute to really wash away serious mud and gravel crap but for general vehicle washing it works well. I usually use it to knock all the grit and what not off before a hand wash. The hose it comes with is rather short so it requires moving it around the truck to be able to reach everywhere and the whole unit's plastic feels pretty cheap, but I think thats something that is going to be seen with most electric washers.
Thanks, that is one of the brands I was looking at. I will need to look at the hose length or maybe an extension.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
karcher, I have one thats 30yrs old and it still kicks pretty good ass. Only thing ive had to change on it so far has been a fitting. I also have a harbor freight gas powered one for the big jobs.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Electric powerwashers are junk
I certainly wouldn't say they're junk. Are they a gas powered 2500+ PSI washer, that holds up to commercial use? NO. But they're pretty nice and handy when used within reason and for average homeowner use like they're intended for. Great for washing off a deck, siding, and vehicles a few times a year.

Actually looking now at the place where we got our Pressure Systems Innovations 4000psi washer we have on the farm, they sell some commercial electric units. Spraying up to a real 3000psi, but they probably cost more than a gas unit you'd pickup at Home Depot and the like.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,891 Posts
I have a GreenWorks 2000psi electric pressure washer I picked up at Lowes on sale. Does a great job and I've used it a few years now. Mainly washing vehicles throughout the year. And, I wash the deck, patio, shed, house, etc in the springtime.

Only real "complaint" would be you have to unhook the supplied hose from the pressure washer to wind up the hose as its not on a "swivel inlet" style reel.

Prior to this I had an upright 1800psi Husky pressure washer that I used for 10 yrs or more. It's still going strong, but I gave it to my dad to wash their place down at the beach.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I have the smallest greenworks one from Lowe's, only spent like $70. It got all my flatwork cleaned up, and also got the mildew off the bottom layer of stone around the house. Works great and don't have a use for anything more powerful

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,408 Posts
I have an old electronic one that had out last every gas powered one I have ever had. This thing is older than me. I cannot provide any more than that info

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got dis.....got tired of shit ass wheel around plastic crap. Just gotta hook up my CR spotless water filtration.

I
Interesting, what are the details on that beast? I've often thought about something wall mounted for the garage. I have a monster gas powered one, but just got a Sunjoe unit from amazon, forget what size. Electric power washers are good for washing down the quad or dirt bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
x2 on the sun joe spx3000. seen it in action and its pretty good for an e-pw

·
professional grade
4,078 Posts
Interesting, what are the details on that beast? I've often thought about something wall mounted for the garage. I have a monster gas powered one, but just got a Sunjoe unit from amazon, forget what size. Electric power washers are good for washing down the quad or dirt bike.
1500 psi, 1.5 hp. Doesn’t seem like a whole lot but you have to consider water volume too, more than most electric wheel around units. This thing put my 2000psi karcher to shame. Has the auto start/off feature, it can also be used as a mobile unit too. I like it because it’s an industrial pump made for work.

·
Sexually identifies as a shopping cart.
4,253 Posts
I have an old electronic one that had out last every gas powered one I have ever had. This thing is older than me. I cannot provide any more than that info
This one post changed the course of this thread, you're a wise man. :patriot:

I buyed the Ryobi from HD, 1800psi I think. Little fucker is awesome.

Reactions: Graystone

·
Premium Member
979 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
We have an AaLadin 40 amp one on the farm with diesel heat that works awesome. I also have a 120v AaLadin at my house that is older than me that gets the job done, it's nothing compared to the big one though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
the heated ones are the cats ass, we have one that runs off 220v and natural gas at work and you have to watch on cars as it will take paint off if held too close/long enough lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts