GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm thinking of getting an exhaust system for my NBS 2007 VMax 6.0 LTZ. I only want to give it a better, more aggressive sound when on the gas but want it to still be relatively quiet at highway and normal driving. I also do not want a highway drone and want the new muffler to work well in 4-cylinder mode. I believe the most economical way to do this would be to buy an aftermarket muffler and get a system made up at an exhaust shop.

Any suggestions or recommendation on what type of muffler I should use?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
it's kinda up you dependin on the sound you like but you won't like the v4 mode with an exhaust. dad had it on his 07 vmax and every time it went v4 to v8 you'd get a headache. and after replacin the donut gasket it in 3 times he finally got it tuned and got the v4 turned off

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
all would i imagine...but when it goes to v4 and you have an exhaust on you can hear it and feel it...once it switched over it sounded like crap then one little tap on the gas and its back to v8. all down the highway it'll be switchin in and out and you'll get tired of it real quick. without the exhaust you can't hear it but put one on and you'll hear what i'm talkin bout

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I love my cherry bomb vortex muffler. 3" SI/3" DO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts