GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best JL Audio system combination to fit under the back of my 2003 ext. cab sierra? All i need is box and subs. Which JL sub combination would be the loudest and will fit? Dont try to sell me on something else because i like JL products and have a lot of experience with them but no in a truck..........thanks

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,484 Posts

10" W7 powered by a 500/1 I am going to redo the box in spring

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Many of our customers have expressed a desire for a higher performance Stealthbox® model to fit these popular trucks. The engineering team focused its efforts on the W6v2 subwoofer platform and arrived at a phenomenal solution using a 10W6v2 in a ported enclosure. What's better is that a model was developed for both the passenger-side and driver-side of the vehicle allowing you the freedom to install it on one side of your choice or both sides (as pictured) for added output. Whether installed singly or as a pair, the bass is intense and incredibly satisfying, without compromising rear seat functionality and leaving plenty of space for amplifier installation.

THE HARD DATA:
Each side (sold separately) contains one 10W6v2-D4 subwoofer in a ported enclosure. 400 watt power handling. Wired for 4 ohm mono. Permits the installation of amplifiers and does not affect the folding of the rear seats. A steel mesh grille is included to protect the subwoofer driver. Will not fit trucks with rear split-bench seats.
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1532

·
Registered
477 Posts
I like my stealthbox. My situation was a little different, though. I found one on ebay with no sub in it for $1. :endofshow Then I found a guy selling a barely used 10w3v3 for $100 and installed that. It sounds really good.

Side note, if you get the box I did, JL sells it with a 10w3v2 instead of the w3v3 I put in. They said it wouldn't fit. Wrong it does. I traded e-mails with JL. They went back and found it fit. Wouldn't be surprised if they start shipping it with the w3v3 soon.

BTW, this is the one I have so it doesn't take any room under back seat. Just replaces the center jump seat and reuses the storage compartment on top. They say you lose your cupholders, but I drilled out their rivets, made extension and remounted them on the front. Works fine and looks like it was meant to be there. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1459

1 - 14 of 14 Posts