GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to line my firewall, floor, and rear wall of my standard cab with something to help with the heat, vibrations and road noise before i install my carpet. it's been awhile since i have used any sound dampening products but i just use to do a layer or 2 of edead and some liquid v3. seemed to work alright and the v3 added some strength in the thin areas.

is there anything better? cheaper? over time i plan on doing the whole truck just so you know and i'd like to use the same products.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
alot of peole use raamat.
dynamat is overpriced.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea fuck dynamat. i'll use peel n seal with super 90 before i pay those prices.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
yea fuck dynamat. i'll use peel n seal with super 90 before i pay those prices.
Peel and seal should do the trick. I plan on using it on my floor when I pull my carpet out. I am gonna use something a lil higher quality on the rear wall and roof though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peel and seal should do the trick. I plan on using it on my floor when I pull my carpet out. I am gonna use something a lil higher quality on the rear wall and roof though.
Higher quality as far as adhesion?

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Higher quality as far as adhesion?
Well I dont really know. The P&S ive used in the past seems to stick very well if the surface is clean and it is warmed up but im not gonna take any chances of the stuff possibly coming loose from my roof.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
spray on bed liner type products are terrible idea if you are going for sound absorption on the inside of your vehicle. It will create more of an echo than anything. Do yourself a favor and just get a decent butyl backed sound deadener...second skin is what i used and i'm glad i did. Works just as good as dynamat and costs much less. Just remember: Gloves/tools will save many painful cuts to the tips of your fingers.

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
dynamat is what i use
ive heard 2nd skin is good also
and the rest of the sound mat out their on the market is junk

save your money and do it right the 1st time
get a good product and not have to do as many layers as the cheap stuff

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
spray on bed liner type products are terrible idea if you are going for sound absorption on the inside of your vehicle. It will create more of an echo than anything. Do yourself a favor and just get a decent butyl backed sound deadener...second skin is what i used and i'm glad i did. Works just as good as dynamat and costs much less. Just remember: Gloves/tools will save many painful cuts to the tips of your fingers.
ok thanks. i was looking at the real thick stuff from ssa. is this stuff pretty good at staying in place with floor heat from an old 350? or should i look at getting some type of liquid over it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
peel and sealer here fuck it im cheap
i'm cheap to i just have night mares about my old sound dampner on my jeep roof coming off in the hot days. i know floor and roof aren't the same but you get the idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts