GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the best tuner/ programmer out there for a 05 2500hd crew cab long bed with the 6.0. Just lookin to bump up my mpg a bit but would like the option to switch to a power setting at times as well

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,680 Posts
You will get more out of a custom tune then you will out of a handheld programmer. Plus don't expect much in terms of mpg gains.

Plus with a good tune you should not have to switch settings

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I could keep my foot out of it there was a slight mpg increase of maybe 1-2mpg. I had a performance tune done so mpg wasn't really in my mind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I could keep my foot out of it there was a slight mpg increase of maybe 1-2mpg. I had a performance tune done so mpg wasn't really in my mind.

️️wats Ur average without the tune? I just bought the truck and it has a average mpg of 9.9 but the guy who owned it before me used it for towing. So wikl that change over time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a RCSB 4x4 with the 5.3 so mileage was already ahead of the 6.0. According to the on board computer I would average 16 or 17 mpg. Now that I have went up in tire size I average 15 most days.

I used to own a CCSB 2500 with the 6.0 and knew the mileage wasn't great but never calculated it. Then again it was lifted on 37's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts