GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a new head unit for my truck. i will mainly be using my ipod through it. one that navigates the ipod easier. double din. what is your opinion?

·
Low Black Beast
89 Posts
i need a new head unit for my truck. i will mainly be using my ipod through it. one that navigates the ipod easier. double din. what is your opinion?
Pioneer AVIC F700 or 900BT if you can still pick one up, They just came out with the new versions of each of those but i cant think of the model name right now..

I have the 900BT and it makes usin your IPOD easy as hell. Also can connect to your phone thru bluetooth and make all your calls through your Navi.. It has Voice comman too...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
most any alpine seems to have good controls for the ipod, my neighbor has had 2 different units n they both were very easy to use

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Alpine IVA-W505.

Audio/video with full control included in addition to being my favorite.
X1000000

Alpine is the only company who actually works directly with apple to get the best compatibility with the ipods/iphones.

·
Low Black Beast
89 Posts
Here is what the F700 and 900BT screen looks like for the Ipod. Its very simple..just as easy as usin the ipod itself. I just leave mine in my glove box.

pioneer-navgate-500.jpg

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
F700, F900, F90, the new X-series or Alpine 9886, 9887. Alpine's double dins I cant stand!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the W205 for the last year or so and have now had the W505 for a month and from experience with other decks you cant beat alpines ipod control

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
I hate my F700. Too many quirks. Sometimes the touch screen doesn't work, sometimes the bluetooth locks up ( so I don't even use it anymore), and it takes forever to start up.

Alpine all the way. I haven't been able to see the new Clarion's yet, but I doubt they're as good as the Alpine.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
love my f700bt, except for the 10min start up. especially if u update ur ipod alot and u relearn your library for voice command.
but i dont update ipod much sense its full. lol

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
eclipse AVN-726e.

hasnt been mentioned yet but damn this deck is sick... had better GPS than the alpine and pretty damn good ipod control

·
Low Black Beast
89 Posts
I hate my F700. Too many quirks. Sometimes the touch screen doesn't work, sometimes the bluetooth locks up ( so I don't even use it anymore), and it takes forever to start up.

Alpine all the way. I haven't been able to see the new Clarion's yet, but I doubt they're as good as the Alpine.
Thats wiered that your touch screen doesnt work and bluetooth locks up, Never happens to me. I would send it back to the manufacturer under warranty and see whats up..Or take it back to the shop you got it from

love my f700bt, except for the 10min start up. especially if u update ur ipod alot and u relearn your library for voice command.
but i dont update ipod much sense its full. lol
do you have version 2.0?? the older version takes way longer then version 2.0. usually takes less than a min now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts