GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the site but wanted to see what y'all thought the best intake is to get. I had a AEM on my Silverado and wasn't too impressed. I've got a 08 Sierra now 5.3L. Thanks!

·
4/6 with some air
232 Posts
yea I'm in the same boat. Kinda want to get one but so many out there. I'm leaning towards one of the K&N or Banks

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
Cold air intake ≠ turbo, converter, gears, camshaft, headers

just buy a cheap one or build one out of PVC and paint it black, there's no noticible difference between any of them

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
^ Exactly.
Just got for the PVC method or just buy an airaid jr kit. All CAI will do the same, which is not much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Thanks guys. I really didn't notice a huge difference in my Silverado. What are your thoughts on programmers?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Blackbear...search it here- many many satisfied customers. Go to his website if you have any further questions- all your questions should be able to be answered there thru the FAQ's...

·
Registered
99 Posts
^ Exactly.
Just got for the PVC method or just buy an airaid jr kit. All CAI will do the same, which is not much.
x2 for the airaid jr.

looks a little cleaner than a pvc intake IMO and it will net the same results as those intakes that are twice the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the black bear void warranty?

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Do the Airaid tube and an Amsoil drop-in oil-less filter. I got rid of a K&N CAI on my last truck for that setup.

And as stated, Black Bear Performance... look him up. Tons of happy customers, I was one of them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
yea i got my spectra intake thru advance auto parts cuz i work there. i got it for just over 100 dollars still feel like it was over priced but oh well i like how it sounds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts