GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got some infinity 6.5" components and the new tweeters don't fit in the stock locations so i figured that i should find a new place for them. so where is the best location for tweeters?

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
well I would say either modify it so that they will fit in the stock location or put them somewhere around that. they should be somewhere between the roof and the floor. That way you get the best staging.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
stock location
if the speakers get to far apart from one another they will suffer from phasing issues around the x-over point and you might get either hot spots or dead spots right there. I think its like 6 inches apart at most

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
stock location
if the speakers get to far apart from one another they will suffer from phasing issues around the x-over point and you might get either hot spots or dead spots right there. I think its like 6 inches apart at most
see, thats what i said jeff :read:

·
9,823 Posts
hey dont take my steam man
get your own technical talk! :ninja:

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
stock location
Most audiophiles, such as myself, know that the rule is a maximum of 18 inches form the center of the midrange/midbass...

Pat

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
well i have my tweeters in the stock location but, i also have image enhancement tweeters on my front pillars. and sorry about my crapy spelling

wes

·
9,823 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
Most audiophiles, such as myself, know that the rule is a maximum of 18 inches form the center of the midrange/midbass...

Pat
thats why I said I think. When I do them I dam near have them touching, screw bad sound. I might be getting a set of the new RF punch series components with the 2 tweeters. but I do get them cheap at work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts