GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some recommendations for longtube headers that will be going onto a 355 SBC that will be going into my 98 std cab and im gonna drop in some long tubes but I'm not too up on long tubes for vortec engines. Who makes them, anyone running them, and which are built the best/most reputable? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I've heard the Thorley LTs are kickass for the ol' Vortec 350s.

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
The thorley longtubes are the best....Too bad I can't use them without dropping alot of money and fooling with them. As far as I know if you have a manual tranny, or your over 8200 gvwr, your outta luck. Maybe with an nv3500 in a halfton they could clear, but I'm not really sure on that.

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
Check into "The Other Guys" brand headers... plan to put a set on mine shortly. I put a set on a buddys 02' Tahoe and the fit was second to none! I have also heard nothing but great things about them (other than cost).

Jason

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
1BAD9T7 said:
Check into "The Other Guys" brand headers... plan to put a set on mine shortly. I put a set on a buddys 02' Tahoe and the fit was second to none! I have also heard nothing but great things about them (other than cost).

Jason

Oh yeah, TOGs are very nice headers! They cost more than Thorleys but better build quality on TOG ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts