GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Professional Detailer
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already know that Dec/Jan is the best time of year for deals. However I'm not buying a truck off the lot. I'm going to order mine exactly the way I want it.

So the problem is, pricing is dictated by delivery date, not order date. And with 8-12 weeks for delivery, I want to place my order so it lands in the best rebates month.

This is the last month to order a 14, and I'm not quite ready yet. The 15 will come with a price increase and doesn't start production till August. And we all know that the first several months of the new model year doesn't get the big rebates.

So, what's typically been the best months to buy a truck, outside of the Christmas/New Year's specials?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question... But there is going to be a price increase for the 2015?? Wtf? After all the recalls... I a going to order a 2015 too assuming the price doesn't jump too much...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Try going to a discount dealer, and pull the trigger when your ready.

They can only offer discounts at the time of pick up from I have heard.

I tried to get a CC Dodge but my credit was a bit messed for the transaction with out more then I had down, and I am glad it fell through. Just can't deal with payments like I used too emotionally. I got a local Chevy dealer to get close to the price, but I felt the Dodge was a better deal as it had the premium motor. The Chevy had a 5.3. You could play the dealer against another dealer or a different brand like I did.

Since I like basic trucks it is an easier for me to play the game.

·
Registered
266 Posts
New model trucks are released after Sept 1.
Order for last years model, cuts around mid March.
I prefer license renewal in May-Sept.
Income tax refund and more income during these months.
Every 3 months is a price increase.
To save money, have dealer locate truck, close to your options.
Work the top 2 dealers, in your area, for your business.
Don't seen too eager, for the truck, tell dealer you are looking at Ford and Dodge, too.

·
Professional Detailer
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you guys didn't understand what I'm asking....

I'm looking for the best month for rebates.

There is no negotiation here. No end of the month BS. No playing dealers against each other.

Maybe it's different where you are but our dealers don't have quarterly price increases. And I could have ordered a '14 till the beginning of June.

I'll probably place my order in Jan so the delivery ends up in March for truck month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts