GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Rob Rodell(Underground Customz), and he is finaly getting back into doing 'baggs and stuff. He's the guy that did my truck, and it's been trouble free for 4 years, except valves going to crap. He's going to be working for Kevin at BnC Offroad.

So for people not wanting to wait 6 months there is another good shop in Houston.

Now I have a tough decision, turn my back on Bill at Ekstensive, and go with the person who first did my truck, or stick with Bill even though Rob's back in business. It really sucks doing business with friends sometimes.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
good to hear that a good guy is back in business. Id go back to him to do your truck, especially because its been good for you for 4 years.

OH yeah, you got a badass truck too...

Dan

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fullthrottledan said:
good to hear that a good guy is back in business. Id go back to him to do your truck, especially because its been good for you for 4 years.

OH yeah, you got a badass truck too...

Dan
Thanks.

I'm leaning that way. I have to hear back from Rob before I really decide anything. I'm just glad I didn't have the cash last weekend to put down my deposit.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
im sure Bill at Ekt. won't lose any sleep over you chosing someone else. like you said, he has a pretty long waiting list. Give the business to your friend.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
that is a tough descision... which ever will do it cheaper since you trust both

I did hear of underground customz having some issue's with a few customers before he closed up shop. but you know how people like to spread bs so i dont know if it was true or not. (i know it wasnt about quality of work)

another thing to take into conserdration is that bill backs his work and I dont see ekstensive just packing up and leaving anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Go with Rob, Bill's a business man he should understand. :D

I saw that blue s10 Rob did at dustoff and he's had that suspension on it for like nearly 4 years and it looks good as it did in Street Trucks. :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
01GMC said:
So is Rob going to be doing bags for Kevin? BNC is around the corner .. be nice to have who is worth a **** carring bag parts close.
Yup, I had been hearing rumers of Rob getting back into it, than the rumors stopped, and out of the blue yesterday I get the call.

Sam, there were some things That I heard too, but I never got any real good info.

I know whoever I go with the job will be done right, so I just gotta weigh the pros and cons.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Well, I'm sure that Bill at Ekstensive won't cry because he lost one customer out of hundreds he gets a year. Besides, if you go with Rob, us Southeast guys might be able to see your truck now. I live right around the corner from BnC. At the end it's your choice, so good luck.

It's a good thing we're getting a better option for bags around here. Alliance car Audio is the only one close to here, and they use Chassis Tech parts (enough said). They are also overly priced.

At least now BnC won't have as much of a fun time with drops as they had with Jeff's truck....... :crazy:

·
MIA
1,157 Posts
groundscraper said:
luck.

It's a good thing we're getting a better option for bags around here. Alliance car Audio is the only one close to here, and they use Chassis Tech parts (enough said). They are also overly priced.

QUOTE]

:crazy: :insane:

You mean they don't do quailty work .... :insane: I sent a buddy there to get some drop shackles .... there were cheap and he didn't want to spen the money. He came back with out the bushings .. they told hiim they were extra $$$ :crazy:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
01GMC said:
groundscraper said:
luck.

QUOTE]

:crazy: :insane:

You mean they don't do quailty work .... :insane: I sent a buddy there to get some drop shackles .... there were cheap and he didn't want to spen the money. He came back with out the bushings .. they told hiim they were extra $$$ :crazy:

WTF? Extra, man talk about butt rapists.

About Bill not careing, I'm sure he won't. My thing is he spent alot of time talking to me and figureing things out, and I really don't want to waste his time. So far my Pro and Con list is leaning towards Bill.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welp, I'm going with Rob. I decided I want to keep this built by him. I just wish I had the money for my wheels so I could have the truck done by showdown :doh:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
grounded said:
Welp, I'm going with Rob. I decided I want to keep this built by him. I just wish I had the money for my wheels so I could have the truck done by showdown :doh:
you still getting just a regular 4-link or you gonna splurge and get a real canti like he did on that green single cab ford?

bill should understand i bet he waste more time talking to people that never even think about bagging there truck there after hearing the price... plus it sounds like you never really made a deal with him :read:

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm sure Bill wont mind, it seems like that man has a lot of business right now.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tuckin22 said:
you still getting just a regular 4-link or you gonna splurge and get a real canti like he did on that green single cab ford?

bill should understand i bet he waste more time talking to people that never even think about bagging there truck there after hearing the price... plus it sounds like you never really made a deal with him :read:
The canti design on Daves Ford was actually from Keith Graves(3rd Cost Design), Rob just helped out. I really hadn't thought about it until now, but I might need to talk to him about it. Hmmm, that'd look sick with Shockwaves. Damn it Sam! Now look what you got me thinking about!:D

As far as Bill, I'll bring a truck to him, I just want to keep this built by Rob. I've been thinking about finding a cheep mini and just make it a dragger. Maybe set it up to hop, eventhough that's not my thing.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
grounded said:
. Hmmm, that'd look sick with Shockwaves. Damn it Sam! Now look what you got me thinking about!:D
:LOL: :head:

i thought about the same thing but i dont know how much extra it would be and i dont want the bagz up in my bed. i want to cover the notch and still somewhat put shit back there. same reason i dont want bill to get crazy with the bridge

1 - 20 of 21 Posts