GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go ahead and notch my frame. I'm not ready to go cutting up the bed anytime soon, so I just want to do a frame notch and not a step notch or bridge ... I hope to eventually run the KPComponents 4-link Cantilever if that makes a difference in what notch to get now. Whats a good bolt on one to get, the suicidedoors.com ones? anyone else? thanks.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have the kp 4/link and cantilever in the back, i also have the biggest notch possible to lay frame and not cut up the bed,all they did was measue up how much space there was between the frame and the bed and made it so the box tubing would be right up against the bed so nothing would have to be cut

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
02chevy said:
i have the kp 4/link and cantilever in the back, i also have the biggest notch possible to lay frame and not cut up the bed,all they did was measue up how much space there was between the frame and the bed and made it so the box tubing would be right up against the bed so nothing would have to be cut
I might do something like that later, but right now the resources I have at hand are limited, so a bolt in would be great for me ... there are seriously no shops around here that do any work like this, or that I would TRUST to do it ... saying you are a Performance Truck shop but mostly selling toolbozes and nerf bars don't work for me :LOL:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
02chevy said:
i completely understand,i guess the art bolt on notch would be perfect for you
I searched there site and couldn't find one, anyone got a link to it? thanks.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
If you want just a bolt in notch, get a belltech. They make the best bolt on notches. I used to have my DJM notch with the KP until I stepnotched the frame. DJM notches are good too, but the Belltechs are a bit better IMO.

·
Draggers Inc.
58 Posts
groundscraper said:
If you want just a bolt in notch, get a belltech. They make the best bolt on notches. I used to have my DJM notch with the KP until I stepnotched the frame. DJM notches are good too, but the Belltechs are a bit better IMO.
i agree belltech

1 - 13 of 13 Posts