GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Pioneer TS-C160R components for about 2 years now with the highs in the upper door panels (little triangles), and the crossover's velcro'ed inside the door panels. The flex of the upper door panels is making them pull up on the edges, look like crap, and let the driver's side contact my dash. Oh, also, the driver's side is hidden behind the dash shifting the highs to the driver's side. It sounds centered to the driver, and full right to the passenger (i know, i drive, i shouldnt care about them, but i know its messed up, so i want it right).

Sorry for the book, but onto the question. Will putting the highs up on the pillars like the 03+'s make the sound split pronounced even more than it is currently, or should i put them there and the crossovers somewhere in the cab? If not, where? That, or should i mount the highs and crossovers in the door panel behind the screen? The only reason I dont jump right onto doing this is because the crossovers arent the prettiest ones i've seen and I don't know the best way to mount them. BTW, what would be the best way to do so?

TIA

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no help?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
I had my crossovers under the front seats (I was in a hurry and lazy) and for the tweeters I just took a hole saw and drilled a hole in the door panels under the grills. But if I had to do it again, I'd mount the tweeters on the a-pillar, kinda like how the factory ones are. As far as the cross over I really have no idea, I didnt really look around for other locations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts