GMC Truck Forum banner

best place to buy?

960 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  00sierra 
#1 ·
I have finally made up my mind and am ready to buy my lift. I have decided on the 6" pro-comp. Where is the best place to buy it from ( cheapest, best service, etc.) Thanks guys

#3 ·
37's might work with a b/l and some trimming but with just 6" nope. BTW good choice of lift ive heard good stuff about them. Im not sure about the best place to buy. Maybe 4wparts when they have a sale? Other than that im not sure someone will chime in though.

#6 ·
Sorry for the confusion, I have a 3" body lift and ford keys, plus they will be on 8" wide rims. And, the tires don't actually measure a full 37"

As for 4 wheel parts, I have heard bad things about them, should I still look at them to buy it from?

#7 ·
Sevenfold said:
You could probably get the kit cheapest from 4WP. I'd talk them down though, they are usually pretty neogtiable with prices.
Thanks, I will have to make a phone call tommorow and talk to them. I also plan on getting traction bars and dual front shocks, maybe I can talk them into a package deal?

Also, does the front driveshaft come w/ the kit, or is it extra? I know with other kits, like the CST, the autotrac driveshaft is an additional $200-300?

#9 ·
4wp is bad with installing stuff but they cant really screw up something that they dont put together. Just buy fromt hem and have a local shop put it on or do it yourself. Like what was said earlier they are pretty easy to talk down. Got $60 off my air intake just by making an offer at the off road expo.

#11 ·
KoTToN said:
4wp is bad with installing stuff but they cant really screw up something that they dont put together. Just buy fromt hem and have a local shop put it on or do it yourself. Like what was said earlier they are pretty easy to talk down. Got $60 off my air intake just by making an offer at the off road expo.
I plan on doing all the work myself, just need a good place to buy it from. I will be calling 4wp tommorow at lunch and seeing what they will give me for a price.

Is there anyway to get a copy of the install instructions before I get the kit so I have time to look them over? I have done lifts before, just never this one, and its my truck so I really want to know what I'm doing. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.