GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now the shop where I had it installed has it zip tied by the control module box thingy under the dash and tape around the wires leaving the sensor. The sensor all the way up its not that sensitive. Where is the best place to move it to? My friend has an alarm and u can barely touch his dash and his warning goes off......

·
RST Regency 04'
72 Posts
they did that to mine too and it works like shit. Ya it has to be mounted somewhere solid so it can recieve vibrations traveling through the truck

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe one of the metal bar braces down there or somethin? I dunno.....wheres forklift! Glad Im not the only one LOL

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
like others have said, something solid that will transfer the vibrations from the exterior to the interior.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mine Is On the Windshield, Right by the rear view mirror. You look at it the wrong way and the warning goes off.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
DEI likes a wiring harness, Audiovox and Prestige (same thing) like a solid mount like a column or bracing

·
Banned
36 Posts
Is it a glass break sensor?
If so, it does not matter, as it "listens" for high pitched sounds. I had a old Clifford that was taped to wires, but again, it was for glass......
If it is for vibrations, i would agree with the other fella's, and mount to a fastened/welded bracket to the truck body.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if its a DEI i would leave it on the harness, i solid mounted mine & could fart next to my truck with it all the way down & it would go off, i finally just unpluged it
I can bounce my hand off my pillar and it doesnt even do anything tho lol :crazy: If its the door I can here the door metal flex before the warning goes off lol.....if someone park next to me and hits my truck wth there door I wanna know and I want them to know WTF! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts