GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this litte thing. Where should i mount it for a system ground? On the frame?

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Some people might object but mine i bolted to the floor under the drivers seat. Then on the underside of the cab i used a ground strap from one of the bolts and grounded it to the frame where the ground strap is on the drivers side rear body body mount. Seems to be super solid there.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that be the same as just bolting it on the frame and running my ground wire back in the cab?

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
Dont do it on the frame. You will get corrosion. You want it in a nice dry area inside. Make sure you have a clean paint free area.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would it be ok to grind the paint off in a small spot and screw it into the cab floor?

·
Iron Block LS2
192 Posts
Absolutely. But if you screw through the bottom of the floor, make sure you seal the screws so you dont get #1, rust & #2, corrosion.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yea been there done that. maybe ill put it in a part of the truck that doesnt go to the out side

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
what the hell is it>?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A grounding point mount for a 4 awg wire. instead of using a bolt and nut or going back to the batt lol

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts