GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need suggestions on best practices, tips, and any specialty tools needed for the following:

Power steering fluid flush.
Brake fluid flush.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
PS:

Remove return hose. Plug end into reservoir. Put return line in some sort of catch jug. Jack up front end. Start truck and move steering wheels to make it puke out all old PS fluid. Constantly check level and refill. I use cheapo PS.

Brakes:

Get a buddy. Top of reservoir. Crack bleeder valve at right rear, push pedal firmly (with vehicle off) to the floor. Keep foot there, have buddy close valve. Let pedal come up, repeat pushing pedal to floor to get old crap out. Mind the fluid level at all times.

I would HIGHLY recommend the "Motive" power brake flusher, by FAR one of the best tools I have purchased for $55. Just fill it up, pressure up the cylinder, and let the pressure push out old crap.

·
Registered
446 Posts
PS:
Brakes:
I would HIGHLY recommend the "Motive" power brake flusher, by FAR one of the best tools I have purchased for $55. Just fill it up, pressure up the cylinder, and let the pressure push out old crap.
Excellent advice. I actually just ordered one of their systems. Going to try it out not this weekend but the next. Is it really as easy as connecting, pressurizing, and bleeding? Do you have any experience using the power bleeder with an abs system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts