GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get percision gears for my dana 60, looking for the place where I can get the best price for 5.13 reverse thick high pinion gears and master instal kit. So far all the places ive found are over $400 for the 2 items.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I called randy's ring and pinion for a set of 4.56 for my 10 bolt with master install kit and they wanted $290... Im not sure but to me that seems alittle high. Id just call around and jew people down, that is what I plan on doing and im sure 4wp will be the lowest so i may go with them.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was randys precision gears? If so thats not a bad price at all....

·
2,451 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I called randy's ring and pinion for a set of 4.56 for my 10 bolt with master install kit and they wanted $290... Im not sure but to me that seems alittle high. Id just call around and jew people down, that is what I plan on doing and im sure 4wp will be the lowest so i may go with them.
i thought you said it had enough power?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
It does until I latch my trailer with 2 sea-doo's on it and go up hills. Then it kicks in and out of OD to much. I cruised along doing 75-80 to the lake this weekend, but I can tell it is trying to hard so I might as well do something, so it dont fuck up on me...

·
[>
3,255 Posts
DE.. maby try PMing. Tenn. 4wd 4less? I dont know if he can get them but he always says he has the best prices you will find. And everybody seems to be happy when they have gotten something from him.
Just an Idea

Aberbaseball7 said:
Actually they was Yukon's...
How are Yukon gears? Are they some of the better ones?
What would be a good gear company for me to go with? (strong, quality)

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I wanted precision because they are kinda suposed to be about the best you can get. Yukon doesnt manufactor their own gears but rather repackages alot of other brands. You can get great gears from them, or shitty ones. Luck of the draw. I stay away from them, but this is only what ive heard, no person experaince.

·
2,451 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
It does until I latch my trailer with 2 sea-doo's on it and go up hills. Then it kicks in and out of OD to much. I cruised along doing 75-80 to the lake this weekend, but I can tell it is trying to hard so I might as well do something, so it dont fuck up on me...

cool, youll save your trans in the long runn and it will help with all those miles you drive :read:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts