GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this car needs some more power. That being said, here are the 4 ive found so far, which would you go with?

HP Tuner
Predator
Superchips tuners
Westers custom tuning

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
well that all depends. Do you want to spend hours upon hours reading on how to tune?

Hp Tuners or EfiLive doesn't have an "easy" button. I've spent at least 50+ hours reading and I'm still not any good at tuning.

If you don't want to learn then I'd get a mailorder tune. I honestly liked my wait4me tune alot. It was the best $158.10 I ever spent on my truck, but you will get mixed opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nelson is a great tuner.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much is an extra PCM to have so when i need to go in for warranty work?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's my wife's car, so i dont even know if id do more than an intake and exhaust, that would be the extent of it. If that is the case, then would you go DiabloSport or Wait4me?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
wait4me. Like I said there are a couple people on here who think Jesse at wait4me tuning is shit and he only changes a couple perameters. I just did a comparison between a stock tune and his tune he did for me and there are 104 different tables he changed. So I have factual evidence to prove otherwise.

Also, don't get the 87 octane tune. It won't do anything. No tuner can do much with 87 octane.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of power hp improvement would i see with Jesse's 93 octane tune? (91 is the highest we have out here in west texas)

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
what kind of power hp improvement would i see with Jesse's 93 octane tune? (91 is the highest we have out here in west texas)
never got it dyno'ed but it was night and day the difference. I could barely do a brake stall and chirp the tires before the tune and after I could do a standing burnout. I would say it felt like an honest 25-30 rwhp.

With your tahoe I'd expect 20-25. The 99's were shit stock so you might not get the same gains as me but it will be $158 well spent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts