GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a McGaughy's full 34070 kit installed and the rear shocks crapped out on me withing a few thousand miles, not saying McGaughy's is junk but i like to get my use out of things.

what is recommended for this amount of drop that won't crap out by next week?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I've got a McGaughy's full 34070 kit installed and the rear shocks crapped out on me withing a few thousand miles, not saying McGaughy's is junk but i like to get my use out of things.

what is recommended for this amount of drop that won't crap out by next week?
Something sounds incorrect. What was the failure in the shocks?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm on belltech streets at 7" drop now and they ride smooth. Plenty of travel and no problems out of them. I've had them for around 15k miles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm on belltech streets at 7" drop now and they ride smooth. Plenty of travel and no problems out of them. I've had them for around 15k miles.
Did u use extenders?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nope no extenders. I never asked belltech or anyone about extenders. I just saw they were designed for I beleive 5,6,7 inch drop and no mention of extenders on their site so I ran them right out of the box. Like I said no problems yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nope no extenders. I never asked belltech or anyone about extenders. I just saw they were designed for I beleive 5,6,7 inch drop and no mention of extenders on their site so I ran them right out of the box. Like I said no problems yet.
Same here... I went from a 5" to 6 and now 7". I'm actually using rough country n2o drop shocks whic I heard were crap but have worked very well on my 09. The ride is pretty damn good. I'm just assuming they'll eventaully crap out and I'll go w belltech. But I haven't used extenders either

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts