GMC Truck Forum banner

best shocks for as low as we go

2K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Marcos 
#1 ·
i have had tried these bell tech shocks. first the nitro-actives and they were way too bumpy. now i have regular nitro drop shocks and i still dont like them. the rears i took off about a month ago and noticed one when i pushed down on it it rebounded really fast. the other..really slow. so i dont know whats wrong. what do you guys run if you run shocks?

#8 ·
If you call them up and tell them your setup and what you are looking for they will give you a part number so you can either order from them or a third party like Summit. That's what I did. They were super helpful on the phone. Their number is 1-800-8-SHOCKS.
word!...

or give Sport Truck Direct a call, they carry Doetsch Techs.....if u do call there ask to speak with Cole...he knows his shit and can help ya out

#9 ·
I have Nitro's at all four corners. Never had an issue with them. My truck rides better than it did stock even with a 6/7 Drop.

#11 ·
word!...

or give Sport Truck Direct a call, they carry Doetsch Techs.....if u do call there ask to speak with Cole...he knows his shit and can help ya out
I can testify to that! I did exactly that, told him how my suspension was modified, he pulled up the part numbers, and placed the order for me in under 10 minutes.

#14 ·
im lookin into shocks myself and dont really know which too go with. I was considering the belltech nitros. i have got a 3/4, when i add the lowerin shocks is it gonna make it sit a little lower, or will it even change the height?

#15 ·
im lookin into shocks myself and dont really know which too go with. I was considering the belltech nitros. i have got a 3/4, when i add the lowerin shocks is it gonna make it sit a little lower, or will it even change the height?
it wont change that height at all, all it is, is a damper for the suspension. everyone seems to like the dt's, ive got kyb's myself.

#16 ·
I called, but Cole isn't there today lol.

#17 ·
Does anyone know the shock length I would need in the rear for a 2/4 drop?

#21 ·
ok im bringing this thread back............. so i've got toxic shocks now after nitro drops and actives, still not happy. and i've seen guys talking here about air shocks, i actually have a pair from a long time ago, they are in storage. so im thinking i will try them. does anybody run these on bags? to me, drop shocks are out. and i need a smooth ride darnit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.