GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a bully dog gt gas for my 2000 5.3 from a friend of mine for free( the only reason I'm using it instead of a black bear tune ) but looking for best tune set up ( regular tune or performance tune running 93 octane ) for power increase but mainly mpg my truck has 33x12.5 toyo mt, 3/4 ton suspension and 2.5 " lift . I have k&n cold air and stock pipes with flow master 44 getting about 13-15 mpg around town depending how I drive

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
try them and u tell us?

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
try them and u tell us?
all about that hand calculation for 1 full tank, on each tune. Then do the math for distance & fuel price (regular to prem) and see whats better

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Those programmers are shit. Guy on performance trucks actually got the computer info outta one and on the gas tune all the programmer did was recalculate the speedo so it would look like u were gaining mpgs. And on the performance tune all it did was add some timing and change shift points by 2-3 mph. That's it

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
Those programmers are shit. Guy on performance trucks actually got the computer info outta one and on the gas tune all the programmer did was recalculate the speedo so it would look like u were gaining mpgs. And on the performance tune all it did was add some timing and change shift points by 2-3 mph. That's it
lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts