GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm which of the handheld programmers is best? As much as I'd love to get a nelson tune It doesn't seem practical for my application. I intend on changing rims (and dia's) between summer and winter and sending the pcm away sounds like unnecessary downtime to me. I live in cental Canada making shipping even more of a PITA. So who has the best handheld? Jet,Granetelli,Hypertech,Crane, any others? who has the biggest real world hp gains and trans adjustability? Is there anything out there more advanced than the handhelds? Something that'll give me even more bang for the buck. Thanks

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If I were getting a handheld it would be a hypertech, but then again I would never buy one. They just don't compare, and the money would be much better spent on a real tune...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
there is really no downtime except the time it takes to put one in. You just order a new one and as soon as you get your update, you send back the one you had. Right now i have 2 sitting around that i need to send back :crazy:

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you get the predator, they can also make custom tunes for you. I would think it would be the next best thing. The only downside is that it writes to your pcm, so you can't sell it if you eventually go to a custom tune.

·
Registered
703 Posts
The whipple programmer is supposed to get rid of some TQM too but i havn't heard anything about it in a long time, i also think they are a bit more pricey than a hypertech

·
Registered
17 Posts
The programmer that Whipple sells is actually just an SPE Proflash. Talk to Sky at wickedspeed, he has a deal for $300 shipped. Web site: www.wickedspeed.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts