GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what custom pcm would yall recommend for a 2007 tahoe with the 5.3l? or what handheld tuner would u get? the new edge or bully dog? i kno the custom pcm will give me more but just keeping my options open.

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
+1 for Justin, I just got mine done this weekend.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm going with diablo sport on mine, even though it's an 06, a guy here at work has an 07, and he is goin with the same one. You can change all your parameters, datalog, there pretty nice units. Check out their webiste, diablosport.com

·
Registered
275 Posts
If your stuck on a handheld then look into the diablosport or maybe the SCT.
The diablosport datalog's and if you can convert it to your pc then you could send it to a tuner and they could get you a real custom tune.
Same for the SCT,a tuner can email a tune to you and you upload it to the SCT then to the truck.
I only know a little about the handheld's,I tune my own truck along with several camaro's/truck's around my area.
I will tell you that you'll be much better off with a custom tune though with the handheld at least you've got something you can sell later if you dont want it.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
+ 1 for justinss

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Another vote for Justin. With his data-logging capabilities, a mail-order from him will be FAR more accurate than anyone else's. I won't even get into the customer service aspect. :LOL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts