GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best wax to use? I have been using Meguiars Gold Class and it just doesnt seem to work to great. Used to use Mothers, thinking about going back to that. What do u guys use?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If I had paint worth keeping really nice and spending money on (which i dont...its scratched to hell...), I'd use Zaino, from what I've heard its pretty awesome stuff. But, for now I just use the $3.00 a can turtle wax...its cheap and makes the dirt come off easier :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Meguiars NXT Wax is easily one of the best two waxes that I know of. Zaino is still considered to be the best wax (well its a polish same idea) but with NXT out now both are great. www.zainobros.com and NXT should be available at any local Kragen/Pep Boys/Autozone

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
zaino's real good stuff, but to say it is best is a little over the top. theres a ton of great waxes and sealants out there, poorboys EX-P, S100, P2S1, NXT Tech, Glanz Wax, UPP, Klasse AIO/SG etc etc. zaino has pretty much been accepted as the longest lasting, but it is in fact NOT a polish, you must prep your paint with other stuff beforehand to have a clear finish to put zaino over. The stuff kind of has a cult following, its a great bunch of products, but dont be afraid to try some other stuff as well. the Vanilla Moose followed by EX-P combo is real hot right now over on autopia

·
Registered
183 Posts
There are two kinds of Zaino. The liquid that is kind of blue-green is the cheap stuff and is not what you can order off the net. Zaino in autoparts stores around here is crap. The Zaino off the net, can't even remeber how it is packaged it has been so long since I have ordered it is great.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,411 Posts
BadAss83C10 said:
zaino isnt avail. in stores though which makes it a lil more difficult to get.....for me anyway
Contact Zainos...they have local distributors now. I met the Okla rep a few months ago and they sell it for the same prices as online.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,411 Posts
NorcalZ71 said:
zaino's real good stuff, but to say it is best is a little over the top. theres a ton of great waxes and sealants out there, poorboys EX-P, S100, P2S1, NXT Tech, Glanz Wax, UPP, Klasse AIO/SG etc etc. zaino has pretty much been accepted as the longest lasting, but it is in fact NOT a polish, you must prep your paint with other stuff beforehand to have a clear finish to put zaino over. The stuff kind of has a cult following, its a great bunch of products, but dont be afraid to try some other stuff as well. the Vanilla Moose followed by EX-P combo is real hot right now over on autopia
You ARE entitles to your opinion, but there have been a few comparisons done and Zaino was at the top of each list. Sure it takes some time for prep work and it is NOT a polish but a sealant, but the end results are what we are lookin for...time is only an issue.

Pat

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I would love to try some Zaino, but I dont feel like spending the money. I'll try some NXT out(hopefully) and let you know how it compares to the Zymol I've previously used

1 - 13 of 13 Posts