GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I know of you park under a tree (esp. pine) they will sometimes have sap drip from the leaves and branches I guess. Ive been lucky so far to not have any big sap spots get on my paint. Theres also some stuff Ive seen in stores that helps remove sap. Dunno if it works tho.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my assigned parking space at school just had the tree cut above it. Its SOOO ANNOYING! oh, i found a good way to get it off, You wax. I just kept rubing the wax into the area and it came off.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I've done the wax trick like 2k1slvrdo said and I've done clay bar too. Goo-gone also did wonders....after goo-gone wax the truck:D

Cameron

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Ya some kind of a adhesive remover works pretty good too.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I found out something over the weekend about it...ive had a big ass sap spot on my hood for a while, and had never really worried about it being on there cuz i was too lazy to wash it...also had some on the windows, and since my wipers don't work, i HAVE to rain x the windshield...the spray rain x took the sap off the windshield with no problem. Squirted a bit on the sap on the hood, and that came right off too, with no problem at all. Try a lil bit of rain x on it...it works for me.

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
waxing the spot a couple of times works

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I always seem to put little scratches in the paint trying to get it of. But my truck is indigo blue so that is why it is so noticable only color worse is black

·
Registered
183 Posts
What do you mean the birds messed up the paint on your hood. What excatly does it look like. If you can take a goodpic of it I can tell you how to get rid of it.

·
Fuckin whore
60 Posts
just my .02$ but you can also use vegetable oil.....then wash the truck good....always works for me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts