GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way to accurately re-torque the subframe part of the lift on my truck? I'm thinking this may be some of the problem I'm having.

Should I lift the weight off of the suspension by lifting from the frame or just leave it on the ground?

I gotta do something between now and the reformation...dont gimme shit. :rofl2: :shake:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'd take the stress off the front suspension before i torqued anything. Still cant believe your taking the lift off!:nono:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I've been back and forth for a while. I'm not sure about what route to take, I'd be better off in the long run to leave it alone and try some things to fix the shitty ride and so forth.

How much would a good set of shocks change the ride? I'm riding on Fabtech right now, which I know is sub-par. Maybe some wheels with less back spacing would help?

Gimme some ideas. I'm going to re-torque everything tomorrow night, just have to figure out a way to get my jack up that high.

I feel like its ragging the truck out and the warranty just ran out so I'm sure the transmission will fall out shortly. LOL

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would def. get some new shocks. That would make a big difference in the ride. Bilsteins are always good, Pro comp es 9000's are good as well. I wouldnt worry about tearing up your transmission since you already have gears so its not like it's straining. As far as your wheels go, i'd leave them the way they are.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you ever towed 5000 LBs with a 1/2 ton on 35s for about 3 hours? That mother brother is straining, believe me.

It just doesnt feel solid for some reason. When I first got it everything was tight and felt good and solid. Now it sounds like at any given time the front end is going to come out from underneath it. I've been back twice to have it re-torqued too.

I may go out on a limb and order some shocks this week. I just dont want to drop an arm and a leg on shocks. Will they really make a difference?

What else should I try?

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
one day your taking your lift off the next your not. your as bad as z71on44's (whose name is wrong because he does not have 44's) with fucking tires.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The shocks will really help. Do the bolts that hold your lift on have lock nuts on them? What gears do you have? If your towing that much weight for that distance, i'd say you need at least 4.56's.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
one day your taking your lift off the next your not. your as bad as z71on44's (whose name is wrong because he does not have 44's) with fucking tires.
I didn't say I'm not taking it off. I said I need to check some shit in the mean time. I asked about shocks for the helluvit.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
The lift should have nylock hardware........ If your that worried jack the truck up and support it by the frame so the subframe hangs and torque everything down. No sequence is needed really but you could torque in a x pattern for fun. I havent retorqued my lift kit after it was on for about a month now its going on a year and my truck still rides solid with no wack sounds. Only vibration I ever get is the driveline because I never fixed my pinion angle correctly cause I fix everything ass backwards lol. Maybe I will do that this weekend. I actually need the shims out of the truck for another project..........hmm now its all making sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts