GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting wheel well lights, wanting red single lights. I found some on carid for 80 wandering what brands people use?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Simple, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Strip-Flexible-Light-Waterproof/dp/B00ARYRVRE/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407350590&sr=1-1&keywords=red+PVC+Car+Vehicle+LED+Strip+Flexible+Light+Strip+Light+12V"]waterproof led strip lighting[/ame]. Amazon 300 led per 16' strip. 12$ shipped.
Will do all four with extra in case you want abit more.

Clean the plastic liner with 90% and stick it on. GTG.
Could scuff the plastic with 0000 steel wool before alcohol cleanse for a even better adhesion.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wat else do i need to slpice them in ?

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im guessing you guys dont like the idea, if not them im just going to do lights in the grille

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
im guessing you guys dont like the idea, if not them im just going to do lights in the grille
LED's in your fenders will show nothing.... your levelled with tires. Can't see anything. If you want lights, put a lightbar behind grill.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
I think he just wants the lights just because. No other reason. Which is fine.

A little ricey. But fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/White-Strip-light-Waterproof-Flexible/dp/B005EHHLD8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1408331700&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Egoal+led+lights"]http://www.amazon.com/White-Strip-light-Waterproof-Flexible/dp/B005EHHLD8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1408331700&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Egoal+led+lights[/ame]
Ordered this with a switch and some wire adapters for the LEDs, also putting behind the grille

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not even gunna ask what that means smh

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I have use the led strip lighting and I have also used led pods. Then other people I know used the rigid rock lights.

I personally like the led pods so far the best. pretty cheap and easy to install. I bought 100 off of ebay for 50$

These are them, I search 4 led module.

The reason I switched to these is because I kept having the led strips go out or random leds in the strip would go out. So far I have had zero issues with these pods.

The rigid ones are nice just super expensive.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm wanting to run the grille lights on a switch would a inline 5 amp fuse work

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Need more info pal.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Puttin up red LEDs in the grille and needing help figuring out how to wire it

·
I like green
1,058 Posts
If you plan doing any serious mods to the suspension soon I would wait so you can place them correctly and remember you want to see the glow from the light and not the actual light
image_zpsa1d38088.jpg

image_zps3411cdb1.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That will be later I'm doing the grille now

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do i run the wires from my switch to the light its self ? planned on going from the positive terminal to a in line 5 amp fuse to the light, but dont know where to go from there ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts