GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
I don't know about mcnaughtys, but I know DJM will handle like stock which, in my opinion, sucks ass. Too much body roll in the corners.
If you want awesome handling, go with the Hotchkis 2/4 and sway bars.
I'm assuming you want performance and not drag on the ground like 99% of the people here(I have no idea why you would want to do that), so don't go lower than 2/4.
If you want better than that, get a custom 4-link w/ coilovers.
I've got the Hotchkis 2/4 and sway bars.If you like canyon carving, this is for you.
NO body roll, it's awesome, I love taking bends at 90MPH and corners twice the speed than normal. :head:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
One choice for a great handling 4/6 would be a Hotchkis 2/4 with DJM 2" Lower control arms and rear 2" shackles (you would have to notch your frame for this as well) That would give you both looks AND handling :head2: If you like low trucks to begin with you will only be happy with a 2/4 for a few months tops :anitoof:

Another choice would be the 2" spindles you mentioned with the 2" springs from hotchkis. I believe Eibach makes nice handling springs as well. There are numerous ways to get a 4/6, just make sure to notch your frame if you do 6" in the back

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
blueice said:
anyone with 4/6 shows better handling than stock?
My truck handles much better than stock with my DJM 4/6. But what makes it handle better is the Doetsch Tech shocks combined with my 40 series tires, nothing to do with the actual drop components really...

·
Loves yoga pants
2,408 Posts
DemoN said:
i wouldn't go with 2" spindles, dorks the turning radius.

But combining 2" LCAs, 2" shackles with the hotchkis coil/ leaf drop is a great way to get the drop with the performance handling. Contact Nick99, he has a hotchkis 2/4 that i sold him, so he can tell you about the handling in a ext cab
The Hotchkis that Nick has handles really well, but it is a rougher ride than stock with the Edelbrock IAS shocks...

Pat

·
Registered
85 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
The Hotchkis that Nick has handles really well, but it is a rougher ride than stock with the Edelbrock IAS shocks...

Pat
Almost as rough as a 3/6 with IAS's :LOL:

·
Registered
397 Posts
My DJM 4/6 handles great but It's partly due to the DT shocks. The ride is definitely stiffer and there is next to no body roll. I think with some poly-u bushings all the way around and a good set of swaybars it will handle real well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts