GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had enough of 4wheelparts lack of service. They only slime you when you buy their stuff for BIG $$$. I have spent a total of $5500 there and the service I get now to get my wheel replaced is none existant. Here is the letter I wrote to coporate management on 3/22/04 and never any response:
If you can help it, get your accessories from another more reputable store that stands behind the products they sell.

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I had purchased Qty. 4 P/N 249-68627H Outback wheels on 2/22/03 invoice No. 28-054726-1 through 4wheelparts in Austin, TX, 7930 Anderson Square . Ever since I had one wheel that would not balance correctly. I was told by the 4wheelparts representative that my tire had a "heavy spot".
I had called Weld racing customer representative about this issue and was told to go back to 4wheelparts where I had purchased the wheels.
The 4wheelparts Austin representative insisted my tire was uneven that would cause the uneven balance. So I believed it.
I went to Discount Tire on 11/13/03 where I had purchased my tires BF Goodrich A/T 265/75 R16. They performed a "ride matching" test to look for heavy spots within the tires. They had determined that one wheel was bent and could not be balanced correctly.
Attached is a copy of the report.
I have tried to get 4wheelparts Austin acknowledge the bent wheel but they still insisted on a tire issue.
One year has passed now since I first purchased the wheels and I'm still with one bent wheel that I cannot put to the front due to bad and unsafe driving condition. I paid a premium price for these wheels, expecting to get premium quality wheels as advertised by weld racing.
I'm asking you to please contact me to resolve this issue, so I can have great quality Weld Racing wheels.
I had contacted weld racing again on 3/22/04 by e-mail and phone and was told to contact you to resolve this warranty issue, since you would need to contact weld racing then how to return the bent wheel.
I would like the bent wheel to be replaced with a new one, so you can send the damaged wheel back to weld racing.
Below is the e-mail correspondence I had with weld racing.
Thank you,
Best regards
Daniel

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
sometimes they have good prices, but all the times they have shitty service. i will never buy from them again if i can avoid it

·
Registered
167 Posts
I refuse to purchase anything from 4Wheel Parts and while their Customer Service, or lack thereof, is one of the reasons I have a bigger issue than that. 4Wheel Parts is a monopoly! They try to underbid all the small 'mom and pop' shops in order to drive them out of business; if you offer a product and they can't undercut the price they'll just buy out your company or start making the product themselves. Don't believe me? 4Wheel Parts now owns compaines like Explorer Pro Comp, GTS acrylics, Genuine Steel and many more. Ever wonder why they recommend or offer better deals on Pro Comp lifts? They try to stuff these products down your throat so they make a bigger profit off you! The only products I have ever purchased from 4Wheel Parts were my Kodiak steps because the idiots misquoted me and I paid $150 each. I'll gladly rip them off but they won't do the same to me.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I had my lift installed on my last truck at 4wp. The install held up great, but I had some problems and had to go down 3 times over 150 miles each way. They ended up paying for gas and giving me some warrenties. But the hassle I had wasnt worth it. They made it right after I contacted the Dist Manager and talked to him personally we got things straightened out. I havent got anything from them since and unless they are having a good sale I wont again.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
4wheelparts austin where germanator went is the worst. I wish someone would try to open an offroad shop to compete with them but we really dont have one here in town. I go there, I ask for exactly what i want, and if they try to feed me anything or take advantage of me i dont take it. Germ you probably delt with a couple of the bad guys in there (bald little guy and a hispanic semi-obese guy (ceasar i think)are horrible!) The only good deal i got was free install on the superlift kit, but now they wont warranty it worth a damn and accuse me of breaking stuff... I try to do my own stuff from now on or order online. I would also never buy anything that wasn't buy 3 get one free or has a coupon, they just have to big a monopoly it seems in towns.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
This is why after college (grad school) I plan on opening a 4x4 shop. I hate seeing people getting screwed at 4wp and otehr shops like it. I think I will do just fine if I offer good prices and great service.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Sevenfold said:
yeah, those morons told me I could have a 14" wide tire mounted to a 16x8 wheel. :pshyco:
I've got 15" wide tires on 8" wide rims...

Yes they do suck, search ck5, pbb, anywhere and you will see that that is the general feeling...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Weld has kick butt rims.... I had a set of sidewinder on my CJ8 Scrambler and loved them .. I had a small problem and I got no help all .... and I love weld rims ......but I will not come hell or high water order another set .....I spent 2800.00 bucks ... I will spend mine else where :flame:

·
Registered
832 Posts
fortunetly for four wheel parts they don't even need our business. I can't believe how many ppl i have run into over the years that have lifted rigs and say...torsion bar....wtf is that? and that is how they make all there money. Also the monopoly thing...unless you are ordering online alot of times you are stuck with them or nothing :pissed:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Only thing i've bought from them is a pair of shock bushings. And yet they still send me their stupid magazine. They've probably spent more on the magazine than what they've gotten from me. Don't plan to change that anytime soon either.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
their magazine is a 60 page add to sell there products.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Kyle said:
their magazine is a 60 page add to sell there products.
isnt that called a catalog?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I remember way back when, when I first heard of them. I bought a few things from them for my K-5 (Check it out) like the lift, wheels and tires, and nerf bars and everything was cool. It seems like these days, they are so commercialized it ain't even funny. Now they have soooo many stores and everyone and there momma is buying shiznit from them. I really think that 4WPW is too big for their own good. They don't care about their customers because they know that there will be five more to walk right in after you leave all pist off! I'm glad I went through that "lifted" phase when they were small and when a lift costs $249.00. I haven't been back since!!!! :head:

Late- Alex

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kyle said:
4wheelparts austin where germanator went is the worst.
Dan, you know ive had problems with 4WP's in SA, but the manager from the Austin store (dont know how many in austin) was right on with his help.

He hooked me up and fixed everything.

If i were you, id go in and ask for the name and address or phone number of the regional representative.

I had to deal with the Reg Rep when the SA store wouldnt help me, i dont know if hes the same rep for austin, but dont matter, i forgot his name :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
i love 4wp, when they screw up my order, i just bitch at them and end up getting cost. bought 16x10centerline bullets with my tires mounted and balanced for only 600. ive also gotten other stuff at a steal, but i would not trust them installing anything at all.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
yeah sometimes you can luckout, but sometimes you get screwed, usually you dont get an average performance from them, they earlier own you or you screw them heh

·
I am unable to comply
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dark Eternal said:
This is why after college (grad school) I plan on opening a 4x4 shop. I hate seeing people getting screwed at 4wp and otehr shops like it. I think I will do just fine if I offer good prices and great service.
I will come to your store thats for sure, :head:
Just ask JPcustoms, he has great service, a friendly guy. I always like his service and pricing. :bowtie: :head: :head:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts