GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of the BFGoodrich All-terrain tako? I plan on putting those on my stock rims as a 285/70/17 just wanted you alls opinnon will be posting some updated pics of my truck tommorow with out the trim and the tint looks nicer wanting to do more just dont got the money lol....

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
That size wont fit on a 2wd i dont think check that out before you buy them. And they are nice tires for looks and slight offroading. Ive got a set, if your planning on mudding often, which you wont, you can get a more aggressive tread for less money. But for the money and weekend use, they wear great, and dont make any noise.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, im leveling it out they will fit with minor trimming... But, i dont plan on going of roading much but from what ive heard there good street tires to.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, I know that with out trimming i already made a thread about waht i can fit a few people told me 285s can fit with minor trimming

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
yea, im leveling it out they will fit with minor trimming... But, i dont plan on going of roading much but from what ive heard there good street tires to.
ok as long as they fit. You will have to lift the front end. They are nice street tires and the tread looks good. They wont do much in much but everything else is pretty good. My truck also does well on wet roads too. Thats a plus for sure. For a street truck they look good. Ive had two sets and ill go with a MTZ when i lift my truck at the end of the summer.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
lol, I know that with out trimming i already made a thread about waht i can fit a few people told me 285s can fit with minor trimming
i have 265's on my truck and i just put on 3" spindle on it this weekend and i still dont think i would want a 285 on it:imo

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gmc00z and high sierra both said taht i could fit them with minor trimming and gmc friend has a 03 sierra fitting them. And my father has a 00 sierra and my truck sits higher stock then his does and we both have 2wd i should be fine but im gonna make sure if i do the 265s its gonna show alot of well when i level it probally....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, Im thinking that im gonna go with the 265's just to not have to worry about trimming and plus its cheaper lol

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,276 Posts
they are an EXCELLENT tire, great quality, good price, good tread life, great in all conditions

·
Chevrolet Owner
364 Posts
I ran 285/70/17 BFG AT's on my 05 crew cab... I did crank the bars to level tho, heres some old pics:head: Do the 285's!!!

SilveradoSig011-1.jpg

SilveradoSig001.jpg

SilveradoExhaust004.jpg

·
Registered
17 gmc sierra and 08 chevy silverado
23 Posts
dont know if anybody knows this but the stock tires on a h2 are bfg 35s ats just call the dealer ship and ask if they have any take offs its way cheaper than buying them brand new which they usually are from the dealer because everybody is slapping 22s on them so the dealer usually keeps the tires and rims can also make some of you money back by selling the rims on ebay

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
dont know if anybody knows this but the stock tires on a h2 are bfg 35s ats just call the dealer ship and ask if they have any take offs its way cheaper than buying them brand new which they usually are from the dealer because everybody is slapping 22s on them so the dealer usually keeps the tires and rims can also make some of you money back by selling the rims on ebay
hummers come with a 315 on them, a 285 is like a skinny 33 and a 265 is like 31.5, theres absolutely no way possibly to fit a 315 on a stock 2wd, its gonna take like 7'' to fit those

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ive had a few sets of BFGs now....

first set was 285/75/16 on my truck. terrible in any kind of mud, when hitting puddles on the street the tires pull hard and they wore very well and were pretty quiet.

second set was 245/75/16 on my 4 runner. Terrible in mud, pull in puddles, these have balancing issues and ride rough between 65-75. They are E rated so I expect them to last FOREVER on my 4 runner. These are pretty loud compared to the 285s but that is prob due to the vehilces projecting sound differently. either way i like the way they look and how they perform in dirt (not mud), the mileage on them is good and ill prob run em again.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldnt fit 285 with out trimming i only have the 2wd 1500 even with the leveling kit i would still have to trim most likely

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
I have them on my truck. They are HORRIBLE in the rain and street puddles. Good tire for dry conditions. I will probably move to another tread pattern because I need tires that do better in wet conditions.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
I have them on my truck. They are HORRIBLE in the rain and street puddles. Good tire for dry conditions. I will probably move to another tread pattern because I need tires that do better in wet conditions.
I disagree. I really like mine in those conditions and find they work really well in the snow/ice as well. Haven't really had them offroad for more than a few miles.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
I don't have any issues in the rain with mine. Snow, Ice, Rain, Dry weather...all conditions they work great in. Now, I have hit some pretty good size puddles and had some pulling, but honestly, what 33" tire that is out is gonna prevent that from happening? They do pretty much suck in the mud, but for an all around tire, there awesome. I just turned over 40k on mine and I still have 1/2 the tread left on them. Rotate them every 6k or so and you'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts