GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been unsatisfied with the stock brakes of my 2000 Sierra, and was looking into aftermarket kits. Wilwood, baer, SSBC, etc. Has anyone rolled with any of these, and is a change to new rotors calipers and pads worth the money.

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
a rotor and pad upgrade is a must for bigger tires/wheels...

an entire big brake setup is a little overkill unless you do autocross or something

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I have a Baer kit on all 4's. Also stainless steel lines to help improve them. Worth every penny. I've driven other trucks with 20's + and the braking sometimes feels deadly. I've gotten use to being able to stop quite quickly.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
I'm ordering my r1 rotors and hawk pads tomorrow, I want the ss lines but just dont have the cash for it right now.......but I this should be more than ample for everyday driving

·
Registered
370 Posts
i had the SSBC slotted rotor and pad kit for the front and rear on my old 03 and i noticed very little difference but when i added the SS lines i really noticed a bigger difference. im probably just going to and the SS lines on my 04 before i do anything else and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I went with the r1 rotors and hawk pads and that made a good difference in the braking. I still have to install my stainless lines, maybe this friday?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
if you have the funds, do it. I did the Z06 brake swap up front on my truck and the stopping power was unimagineable compared to stock.

Now, my wife's Suburban we are going to do stainless lines and upgrade the rotors. If I find a deal on a 6piston setup for it, I'll go that route, but for now, braided lines and rotors and enjoy!

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
how much do stainless lines run? how hard is the install?
extremely easy! I think they are about $80 for disc/drum and about $120 for disc/disc

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
whats the going rate for a big break kit? the tahoe actually stops fine with the rims, i can all but lock them up.. but when im pullin the boat it does not lol

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Crown Performance SS Lines FTMFW :imo ...I need to get some R1 Rotors and Hawk Pads though. Who has the best prices on these?

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
whats the going rate for a big break kit? the tahoe actually stops fine with the rims, i can all but lock them up.. but when im pullin the boat it does not lol
depends, you can get the 2 piston alumnasport setup for $1100 for front and $1100 for rear, or run the 2 piston in rear and the 6 piston Extreme up front, which is about $2500 for the front only.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
i hate the fact that we have disk/drum ,

how much do the ssbc run for and does anyone have them on their ride ?
:word: glad I'll have all disks soon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts