GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a '82 Burb that im wanting to lift. But a 12" is as big as i can find but they say max tire size is a 40" tire. But I can get a great deal on 53" but I dont know what more i need I can trim some body. But need help with more lift.
Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HA HA HA jokers

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Try this place. ---> http://www.customsuspension.com/

They arent afraid to bend some leaf springs. They have a 30" kit. A buddy of mine just one a set of 20" (front) and 18" (rear) springs for one of his trucks. I think he plans on putting it on the better looking of his military trucks with 47s LTBs. It should be pretty bad with the fire breathing 496 that's already in the truck.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Sounds like you are in over your head. Finding tall leaf springs will be the least of your worries, you should be asking how you are going to stop those heavy ass tires and the nasty driveline angles you will have. Look what Mylevl had to go through to run those tires on the street.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like you are in over your head. Finding tall leaf springs will be the least of your worries, you should be asking how you are going to stop those heavy ass tires and the nasty driveline angles you will have. Look what Mylevl had to go through to run those tires on the street.
x2 :big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
:imo i wouldnt run a 53". theyre big, heavy, and not really good for anything.
:word:

Just because you can get something for cheap, doesn't mean you should buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts