GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i picked up some stock 17's off an 07 tahoe and had them mounted up on my obs 97 4x4 tahoe. the new 17's have a 265/70/r17 tire on them, the tires i had on my tahoe before were 245/75/r16. after i got them mounted up i was driving on the freeway and when i would hit about 70 the tahoe felt like there was something going on with the rear end. last night i had my tire size calibrated and now its even worse, i will be driving at 70 and all the sudden it feels like my engine is bogging, but it is coming from the rear end and it shakes/vibrates fairly severe and then stops.. it happens about once everytime i am doing about 70 on the freeway and after it stops it wont do it again until i get back on the freeway. i do not notice any of this around town, but then again top speed in town is like 50...can anyone help tell me what the problem is?

·
Registered
419 Posts
i dont know, i wish i could help. Is it possible that when you swapped you knocked a weight off and now it is off balance

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know, i wish i could help. Is it possible that when you swapped you knocked a weight off and now it is off balance
nope. now im kinda thinking my fluid in the rear end is dirty cause i have a g80 in it so maybe the gears are locking up. so hopefully my fluid needs to be changed and then maybe that problem will stop. i am leaning more toward this than it being a problem with the new tires

·
pudding hatch retrofitter
1,536 Posts
my dad had a similar problem with his Honda years ago at 35mph, and it would happen for a second until he went just over or just below 35, then it cleared up. It ended up being the torque converter.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
sounds like trans related problems more than anything

not much a rear end can do...you would KNOW if there was an issue with it and it would be constant

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like trans related problems more than anything

not much a rear end can do...you would KNOW if there was an issue with it and it would be constant
you dont think there is any way that is could be the g80 locking up because of dirty fluid?? if it is a tranny problem its really gonna break my bank account:bawl:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else have imput on what it might be.. my service engine soon light came on now. im gonna have the dealership look at the code to see what it might be

·
Registered
604 Posts
Did you get the tires balanced?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
anyone else have imput on what it might be.. my service engine soon light came on now. im gonna have the dealership look at the code to see what it might be
PM me, I have a code scanner and can do it for you :D

·
Green Team!!!
638 Posts
i don't believe it is the g80 i have personaly blew up 3 of them and never did i have any thing like that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts