GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
drive it like u stole it
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my right front spring broke on my truck, just noticed it tonight when I was changing my oil. They are Hotchkis springs which I bought from TByrne Motorosports. They are on my 2004 GMC Sierra, they are 2inch drop spring, they have less than 4,000 miles on them, and that is all highway miles. I would have never known if I did not change my oil tonight. What are yalls thought, opinions, and suggestions. I have pictures, but I am unsure on how to post them.

·
drive it like u stole it
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bcubed said:
If you spring broke, wouldn't you have noticed cause your truck was leaning severly?
One one wring on the spring just broke or snapped, never effected my driving, im working on getting some pics up asap

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It's all one spring though, if one ring snapped, it would affect the whole spring... it might even cause the whole spring to slip out of the pocket.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Defiinately get a photo of the spring up ASAP.

To me it looks like if one of the coils broke off it would be the same as cutting a coil or two and your truck would drop 2" or so on that one side.

·
drive it like u stole it
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Y2KSierra said:
Defiinately get a photo of the spring up ASAP.

To me it looks like if one of the coils broke off it would be the same as cutting a coil or two and your truck would drop 2" or so on that one side.
I am having trouble uploading pics to the pic hosting web site, my computer keep freezing up everytime I try to upload. Someone throw some help my way.

·
drive it like u stole it
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't even upload the pics in an email without my computer freezing up on me. Anyone have some ideas on this problem?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't know then :think: My compaq has a couple of disk that I pop in when it starts giving me shit and they wip the hard drive clean and reinstall every thing for me, I don't know if thats what there ment for but it fixes it :pow:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
First time I've heard this happen. Definitely want to see this.
Who installe them for ya?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
:think: So where did the coil break? Top, bottom, middle? Either way, it sucks, but it's not anything the manufacturer wouldn't cover. No matter where it broke I'd think you'd see a ride height difference, not to mention a difference in ride.

Cameron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts