GMC Truck Forum banner

Big Suspension Problem!!!!!!

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  shanker 
#1 ·
Ok my right front spring broke on my truck, just noticed it tonight when I was changing my oil. They are Hotchkis springs which I bought from TByrne Motorosports. They are on my 2004 GMC Sierra, they are 2inch drop spring, they have less than 4,000 miles on them, and that is all highway miles. I would have never known if I did not change my oil tonight. What are yalls thought, opinions, and suggestions. I have pictures, but I am unsure on how to post them.

#6 ·
Y2KSierra said:
Defiinately get a photo of the spring up ASAP.

To me it looks like if one of the coils broke off it would be the same as cutting a coil or two and your truck would drop 2" or so on that one side.
I am having trouble uploading pics to the pic hosting web site, my computer keep freezing up everytime I try to upload. Someone throw some help my way.

#15 ·
:think: So where did the coil break? Top, bottom, middle? Either way, it sucks, but it's not anything the manufacturer wouldn't cover. No matter where it broke I'd think you'd see a ride height difference, not to mention a difference in ride.

Cameron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.