GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where I can by a big time lift for my 81 silverado. All the lifts I can find are 6" or less. I saw a picture of an 81 silverado with a 20" lift on cardomain but I can't find any where to find a lift that big online. Can any one tell me where to find a big lift, please let me know. Thanks
:help:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If you wanted to go that big you would have to buy some huge leaf springs to start out with.

Superlift makes 12" springs, any bigger you will have to get custom springs from a company like National or Atlas. You should runcrossover steering with a lift like that, and companies like offriadunlimited make kits for it, or you can fab your own. You will need new front and rear drive shafts, extended brakes lines, longer shocks and a step ladder.

In all honesty 20" is a lot of lift for a vehicle of that year. 12-14" would easily let you clear 44" tires. Also if your going to run that size tire and you have a half ton truck your running gear (axles etc...) WILL NOT HOLD UP. You should look at swapping in 1 ton axles such as a 14 bolt (rear) and dana 60 (front).

·
Banned
487 Posts
If your looking for 20 inches of suspention lift, im not guna call you a jackass.. but thats what im thinking..

serious now.. do not go that high. go with a 12 inch suspention, 3 inch body. if your set on running say 49's without cuttin your fenders then put a 1 1/2 shackle lift on it.. theres 16+ inches which is PLENTY. with 12 inch suspention lift your gunabe looking at nasty driveline angles, top heavy, and like Darketernal said, crossover steering.
Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts