GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I can throw that on, without raising the back at all and be able to fit 35's on?

Hoping to get an effect somewhat towards this. If you know anyone with a similar looking lift setup especially on a NNBS let me know! I like the low slung prerunner style best.

If anyone knows what backspacing and rim size I would need to go for an effect like the one pictured please throw in some input too!

Thanks!

-Mark

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Are you talking about a NNBS? Someone on here stuffed 35s on stock 20s with just a 3" rough country I think

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
Have you looked at glassworks fender flares? That & a tall leveling kit would do alot for ya.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm talking about an NNBS, got an 09 CCSB last night.

Can't find any flared fenders for NNBS truck on glassworks' site.

Also is anyone else running those bfg kd2 tires? Are they streetworthy?

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
You wont fit a 35 on anything other than stock size and BS for rims. My 33's on 18x9's w/ 4.5 BS rubbed :read:

EDIT: There is a White NNBS CCSB on the Total Chaos site that has the look you're going for, flares, spindles, and UCA's He lives up here in NorCal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You wont fit a 35 on anything other than stock size and BS for rims. My 33's on 18x9's w/ 4.5 BS rubbed :read:

EDIT: There is a White NNBS CCSB on the Total Chaos site that has the look you're going for, flares, spindles, and UCA's He lives up here in NorCal
Oh wow, that's pretty much the vision I had in mind =D

Thanks man, now what size wheels/tires are on the totalchaos truck?? And what brands are they? LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Oh and would I be able to fit the 35's if I trimmed a little?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Without buying the Rough Country 3" lift, the tallest leveling kit is going to be the one sold by Total Performance. Their website is totalperformanceonline.com or you can find them on Ebay. The spacers for their leveling kit are 1.75" tall compared to most of the other companies spacer being 1.5" or less. I have the total performance spacers on my truck and they raised the front of my truck 3.25".

The tires on the total chaos truck are Nitto Terra Grapplers. I'm not sure about the wheels though.

·
VMax CC
207 Posts
Oh there it is! Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what wheel this is?

I had enquired about this truck previously, and was told by the owner the wheels are by robby gordon. It has a 3 inch spindle lift and a 2 inch drop in the rear with glassworks fenders i believe it was.

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
Oh wow, that's pretty much the vision I had in mind =D

Thanks man, now what size wheels/tires are on the totalchaos truck?? And what brands are they? LOL
Oh and would I be able to fit the 35's if I trimmed a little?
Those are powedered black Walker Evans Wheels 17x8.5
http://walkerevansracing.com/beadlock.wheels#seventeen

With that set up and the little bit of lift you would gain from spindles you'd clear 35's with very minimal trimming assuming you ran the fenders and not front bumper.

Total Chaos Tubular UCA's
CST Lift Spindles
Custom Shock Hoop
King Shocks
Walker Evans Beadlock Wheels w/ 4" BS IIRC
35x12.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Glassworks Fenders
Pulled bedsides
Deavers

Seen this truck a few times at a local spot I ride at, I've drooled over it plenty of times. :D

EDIT: BS was based off whatever CST recommends to clear their spindles, cant remember if its 4" or 4.5"

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
I had enquired about this truck previously, and was told by the owner the wheels are by robby gordon. It has a 3 inch spindle lift and a 2 inch drop in the rear with glassworks fenders i believe it was.
Yes, and pulled bedsides.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They're both great looking trucks. So some I'm reading that some people are saying you can stuff a 35 with a leveling kit and some are saying not? I'm open to trimming if it can be done clean. I'm a painter by trade so I can probably do an alright job of it.

Are there any real advantages to getting the RC UCA? Or should I just get the 5" RC lift and leave the back stock? But even then it only says it would fit 33s.

NNBS trucks are deceiving! You'd think you could stuff 35s in there without having to do anything at all!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah, honestly just lift it for real. get the 4" kit from southerntruckperformance (site vendor) its $600 or so and uses the same idea as a leveling kit, but includes a beefy uca, and a block for the rear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, honestly just lift it for real. get the 4" kit from southerntruckperformance (site vendor) its $600 or so and uses the same idea as a leveling kit, but includes a beefy uca, and a block for the rear.
Blocking the rear raises or lowers it? I think I might be thinking of the NBS trucks where you use a longer shackle to lower the truck or something.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It depends on the size of the block. If the block is shorter than the stock block it will lower the rear but if the block is taller than the stock block it will raise the rear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts