Votes: 75 90.4%
  • Chrome Lexani 26's....

Votes: 8 9.6%
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for you fellas...If you were building a truck with a clean and simple theme, lays hard, with a hot rod style interior, and you had to choose between Billet 24's with a 7 inch rear lip...and Lexani Chrome 26's...what would you choose. I'm in a decision making dilema. I wanna do 26's just for the WOW factor...but at the same time I think Billets would fit my direction of the build better. Also right now...the truck is more driveable than most bagged trucks on 20's...if I step up to 26's I will loose some of that...which is one of my favorite features of my truck...I can set it at 2 inches and drive the wheels off of it...turning just about anywhere without ever hittin a switch...I don't think that will be the case if I step it up to 26's. Let me know what you guys think...Thanks.

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
doo 24's billets since u have all the hotrod theme going on , i think the 24's are a better choice u still get driveabilty and looks ..

the moral of ^ go for the 24's

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Billet 24s. No question in my book. Billets take a great looking truck and some how always make it look even better. Also I think you'd be happier keeping your turning radius as you have it now and rolling on some cleared billets. Any brands or models you have in mind?

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
What they all said
also 24's would allow you to not have rubber bands for tires. so better ride than the 26's.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
i dont believe u gonna get to many 26" response..if your going to do billets at least to a uncommon kind not like vista or twista vista pailsides.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I voted for 26s lol, but go with billets, just not a common wheel like vistas

·
BOW TIE BOYZ
156 Posts
billets 24's no doubt and always looks good layed the f*ck out.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
i dont believe u gonna get to many 26" response..if your going to do billets at least to a uncommon kind not like vista or twista vista pailsides.
Werd. Id look into bad if you want alittle flashier style, boyds if you want a more classic look imo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This is the truck...the tires size would either be a 295/35/24 like I currently have for the Billets....or a 305/30/26...which is a low pro but still not at all a rubberband. Thanks guys.

My only concern with Billets are keeping them clean...as I drive this truck alot. 15k miles since September...Main concern with 26's is brakes...$3000 for brakes is gonna be hard to swallow. But they will be easy to clean....and the truck will still be plenty driveable...Prolly still be one of the most driveable BD trucks on this site....Just not as driveable as it currently is...I mean its stupid easy to drive right now. Worst case scenario with the 26's is ill have to lift at red lights and stop signs...which i don't have to do now. Which 95% of bagged trucks...let alone BD trucks have to so thats not a biggie. 26's will not make it undriveable...just more work.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I would go with the 24s because you drive it alot. I like to have some rubber on my wheels and the billet would look good on your truck.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts