1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I wouldn't think a black billet grill would stand out that much...but I've never seen one on a truck before...

If you are looking for grills try looking at the Street Scene (http://www.sporttruckdirect.com) Speed Grills...I've been thinking of getting one for my Sierra for a while now. At least its another option. IMO I think they look good...plus its something different than just the billet ones that everyone has...

As far as overlays and cutouts go: overlays are easier to install, but sometimes they won't look as good. If you cut out the original grill and install a cutout grill it will most of the time look better, but take more work and effort.

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
04FULLSIZE said:
ok so i've decided against the t-rex grill for obvious resaons...but i was looking at the carriage works grills and they have black billets. My questions is does anyone have one? do they look good?...should i just get a polished one?...also my truck is black...
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.cfm?PartID=24911&PartFamilyID=828&SubCategoryID=148&CategoryID=25&lc=pfpartt
also whats the diff between the grills that you have to cut the grill shells and the ones you dont?
The no-cut grille inserts sit in front of the existing grille mesh. If you're looking directly at the front of the truck in the right light you can see the old grille mesh behind them.

The grille mesh is heavily integrated into the grille shell, such that it can't be removed. The "cutting required" kind require this piece to be cut out, and you can thus obviously never go back, but they do look better.

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info...

also endo where did you get your SS grill from?

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
04FULLSIZE said:
Ok thanks for the info...

also endo where did you get your SS grill from?
I got mine from a dealer who pricematched GMPartsDirect.com's price fairly close. Of the online stuff, I think GMPartsDirect had the best price even with their obnoxious shipping factored in.

Part numbers can be found on gmcjoe's site here:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/00gmc/gm_partnumbers.htm

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
All black doesn't stand out enough for me, but that's just my $0.02...if that's your thing go for it :head:

But a little chrome never hurt anyone :read:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know of any companies that make an aftermarket SS grill for the older 00-02 tahoes and silverados? I am going to put the SS bumper on my 02 Tahoe and that would be a nice option. I am currently going to go with the Speed grill inserts from Street Scene.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
One thing to look out for is that with the overlay billet grilles, you arent getting very much air to the radiator or the air intake of your truck. That is 2 layers of metal and plastic blocking air from coming in. I would definitely go the cut-out route. :read:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts