GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ss bumper cover for my 06 silverado and im looking to find a Billet grille that is known to fit with no problem's. I know alot of people sell them but iv searched around and i find that people are having problem's getting them to fit without hacking them to shit. Does anyone know of a place that sell's one that fits the ss style bumper cover from street scene? Thanks.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the knock off street scene ss bumper cover. Trying to find a billet grille to fit it!

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Well let me tell you first of all..... No, there is no billet insert on the market that is a simple bolt in. I know this because I called Street Scene and confirmed this. They (Street Scene) make a speed grille insert for their grilles, but that's it. I have a T-Rex 7 bar billet insert that I put in my SS cover and it was a PITA. By no means is this a simple install. The Street Scene bumper cover has a different contour than the OEM SS Silvy cover. Thus, some bending/tweaking/cutting is required. I had to cut some of the bars on each side about a 1/4 inch to allow for the insert to sit flush against the bumper cover. If you have a buddy, I'd reccommend his help. This is because the billet insert is hard to bend by yourself. I was able to do it, but it was hard. Just be careful you don't crack the billet bars.

Also, my billet insert from T-Rex is 7 bars... not 8 like the one they sell now (. I guess this is their new product for the market. I would highly reccommend calling them at trucknvans and asking them what the difference is between those 2 product codes I gave you. I would think that 8 bars is gonna be even harder to fit than my 7 bar T-Rex insert.

I get PMs constantly on here and FSC about my billet insert. A guy I most recently helped needed to know which insert I bought exactly. Well, here's the thing:

I bought my billet insert from JBM Motorsports (www.sporttrucking.com....located down in Orange, CA) via online. They "ASSURED" me it would fit no problem :wank:
Well it didn't! I called back pissed and wanted to return it, but they wouldn't cover my return shipping :flame: So I figured WTF I'll mod it to fit and that's what I did.

Here's the thing:

I just went and got my receipt and it was $110 base price, $12 for shipping+ tax (in Ca), which came out to $130.53

*On the receipt the part number listed is 99101, which is this link:
http://www.sporttrucking.com/mistore/productdisplay.php?sku=498709&dealer=no&company_id=101198

Ok, so the price now is supposedly $180 and the description still says '8 bars'.

I know for a fact mine has 7 bars:

e8d95a35.jpg

I don't know if it's a typo or what. I'd call them on their 1-800 number to ask them and tell them the info I'm giving you.

Now, here is another link that is the right price ($110), but not the same product number that appears on my receipt..... this link says Part# 25104. It also says '8 bars', but I don't know what the deal is. You're gonna want to match the bars on your regular grille to the lower insert, otherwise it will look funny.

http://www.sporttrucking.com/mistore/productdisplay.php?sku=495766&hdwt=31101&loc=101&dealer=no&company_id=101198

1 - 4 of 4 Posts