GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
definetly move it,dont just cut the wire and leave it:badidea:,i did that and for like 3 months my truck would switch on and off to tow/haul on its own ,it got real annoying but it just stopped doing it so now i dont have any problems anymore

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres only two wires would just hooking each wire to each side of a toggle switch work.?

It's a bitch for me to install because like everything else on the fucker it wants to piss me off.. I have to drill the screw out because the head striped.... what a pain

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think you need a button style switch not a toggle switch(something that stays open circuit until the button is pushed and then goes open circuit, kinda like a doorbell switch). If you use a toggle switch you would have to flip it on, then off to enable tow/haul and then on and off again to disable.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I put one from Trenz on my 98 Tahoe. I loved it, the only problem I had was that I had to take my dremel and trim the end of it so it'd fit correctly.

·
Registered
639 Posts
well from what I heard....if you go get a magna supercharger, you cant use that tow switch anymore anyways,...so re-locatiing it if your getting a supercharger is a bad thing....but yea post some pics of your shifter I was totaly looking at getting one of thouse....what about heat though? wouldnt it get superhot and supercold being metal and all?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Sounds cool, what about relocating it where the other button style switches are (4x4, traction control, fog lights, etc.) That would look cool and not look totally out of place.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
please don't tell me that is the Polished Billet shifter.....

brushed right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts