GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Fabtech 6in lift on the way right now and I can get Bilstein 7100's through my work for CHEAP.
Will the 8in shocks be ok with the lift? I probably won't crank the t-bars much, if at all, since I want my nice ride back...

Lift I ordered

Thanks for any light shined on this:head:

·
Registered
195 Posts
your going to need to measure the travel of your wheel in order to find the right shock. jack up the truck so the wheel is completely off the ground. thas your max downward travel. then compress the wheel so it is all the way up in the wheel well. thats your max upward travel. the difference of those two measurements should be your wheel travel spec. then just match it up with the shock.

can you get the same pricing for those shocks for others? 7100s are the bilstein resis right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that would be the best and easiest way to be sure they will fit:hmm: since I'll be running the Fabtech ones for a couple weeks/months unless they really suck!

Sorry, its not a public discount service I can provide if that's what you are asking. And yes, I can get "at cost" discount on anything Bilstein and the 7100's have the remote reservoirs.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
what up, Scott?

I don't see why they wouldn't work, I mean, I'd much rather have a little too much travel than not enough and have it bottom out :shrug:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what up, Scott?

I don't see why they wouldn't work, I mean, I'd much rather have a little too much travel than not enough and have it bottom out :shrug:
Not much, man. Just livin'.
We did a day trip to the dunes yesterday... I'll get pics up soon. You gonna make it out there for July 4th at all?

Yea, I guess this thread was just started to see if anyone else had used them on a smaller lift... I was planning on trying them out anyway, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any problems that I didn't foresee.:think:

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
I really wanted to go this weekend (30th) because there's gonna be some peeps from here heading up, already got the day off, should be getting paychecks from both jobs, but I don't know if I can spare the extra $150 in gas to make it up, we'll see what happens friday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts