GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i need some help here please. I have read a lot of threads on here and it seems that Bilstein shocks will make a big difference to my truck. I currently have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 EC 4x4 with a RC 7.5" lift installed running on 325/65/18's.

I have contacted Bilstein in Germany for assistance and they have pointed me to the local distributor here in the UAE. They have told me that the OEM size shocks will not work since I have a lift kit installed!! (REALLY).

So, my questions is the following: What is the correct part number for some Bilstein shocks front and back? I was looking at 5100 or 5125 series shocks but any recommendations on another brand is also welcome.

·
GOT LIFT
2,342 Posts
They are not long enough = They will top out + Not valved for offroad = Rough Ride = Angry Passengers :)

Seriously though they arent long enough and you wouldnt have any travel so your truck will ride like sh!^

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks for the info. But this still leaves me with the problem of what do I replace them with? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I think it'll be the 5100 adjustables for the front and the 5125's for the rear. Idk the actual part #'s or lengths that u need tho.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i understand that Cognito have them on there website and that I can order from there but what I need is help to ensure I order the correct shocks. This is why I have asked for help with the part numbers. Shipping is going to be a fortune and I will not be able to return them.

So can anyone help a beancounter with this please?

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
If you dont mind running the RC spacer up front, the standard 5100 adjustable Bilstein replacements will work fine. On the rear, you will have to go with a 5125 or a 5150 in the lengths you need. They dont make a 5100 rear shock to work in your application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you dont mind running the RC spacer up front, the standard 5100 adjustable Bilstein replacements will work fine. On the rear, you will have to go with a 5125 or a 5150 in the lengths you need. They dont make a 5100 rear shock to work in your application.
Jon, my kit currently use the standard OE front shocks so I will need straight up replacements. For the rear do you perhaps know what lenghts is needed? To find this kind of info here is very difficult if not impossible. I would really appreciate the help.

Gustav

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jon, thanks for the help. I know that my liftkit uses the stock front shocks so I will need direct replacements up front. For the back I need part numbers as no one here knows what the hell they are talking about. All I get is sorry we don't know. I drives me absolutely nuts!!

I realize I am being a pain in the ass but you guys seem to know what you are talking about and it makes good sense to me. Appreciate the help.

Gustav

1 - 15 of 15 Posts