GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to add 5100 adjustables to level a 2008 1500 on a 5"RCX lift. Will it kill the bump stops if I put the shocks on the top setting? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the 24-186940. Do you have any suggestions? Im wanting the front to be level or just above. The front is 1 1/4 shorter. Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I was thinking the 24-186940. Do you have any suggestions? Im wanting the front to be level or just above. The front is 1 1/4 shorter. Thanks
When I installed my pair of Bilstein 5100 adjustable front struts on the 1.18" setting (the 3rd adjustable setting) in conjunction with the 4" CST lift, the Bilstein 5100's netted me 1.5" of additional front lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Ive been wondering about where to set them. If I set them at the top? Will they bottom out on the bump stops?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So put it on the high setting and cut the droops. Thanks for the help. Trying to get just enough height for a set of 35's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HaHa Greater height? Mistakes happen when it is Friday and the beer is flowing. I wouldn't have it any other way. Have a great weekend all and drink up!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
U want the bilstiens that adjust up to 1.77 inches. They work fine with the Rcx 5. U don't want the cognito bilstiens 7-9.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all the advice. Im going to put the bilsteins on the top setting and see what happens. Again Thanks

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Honestly with that setup you'll be fine. Iirc a lot of people have that setup with no issues. You'll end up around 7" of front lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts