GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys im putting togetehr a list of things to buy so i can bag my truck(when i get one) the list so far consits of a ART front coolride setup with teh upper and lower control arms then in the rear a kp components parellel 4 link and canti kit bolt on. now i need the components to bring it to life. ART has the big red max system but i heard its not very fast and its $1700.00 would you guys go for that or piece togetehr a setup of valves and tanks, i was thinking gc 1/2" valves 2 viar 450's but i dont know what tanks i should get or how many can you guys help with this thanks alot. :rocking: :head:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
the GC valves are badass from what i've heard. it all depends on how fast you want your truck to be. I have 3/8 SMC's and to me it's plenty fast. What tanks you go with also depend on how much switch hitting you plan on doing. I'd get atleast 2 5-gal. tanks with 2 viair 450 compressors. or if you have the money, get an engine driven compressor.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Well, the advantage the big red valves is the ease of the install. They come in a manifold, so you just mount it somewhere, connect your lines to it and they even have a wiring harness for your switches. Buying seperate valves is less inexpensive, of course. If you don't mind doing more connections for separate valves, then I would go with the GC valves. Like chevyman2002 said, SMC 3/8" valves are plenty fast, but it all depends on the persons taste. GC valves are a good choice, though. KP has some 6 gallon tanks, so you might want to check those out if you go buy your air management separately. :grin:

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
BIGRed is slow and overpriced, not for people who want to play with switches all the time. Get some SMC's or GC's, mount them on the bag, have some fun.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have 2 almost new Thomas 337 compressors and digital guages if you are interested. I'd go with piecing it together, however I've heard really good things about Ride Tech's system. Really expensive though.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i honestly don't see what the big deal is about big red's... besides the fact they carry the ART name. And i've heard some horror storry about ART stuff so...

werd to what lowblue02 said. Mount them on the bags, and you'll be fast as hell. the mounting location to the valves have everything to do with how fast your system is. If you mount them at the back of the truck and run the lines forward, expect a really slow setup.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
The BIGRed valves are very refined. Controllable speed, quiet (No Pssst!), clean setup, and reliable. :read: :cool:
control is an illusion:read: I can dial my truck in very well despite my PSSST and my uncontrollable speed. He wants a fast setup, Big reds aren't good for that.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
control is an illusion:read: I can dial my truck in very well despite my PSSST and my uncontrollable speed. He wants a fast setup, Big reds aren't good for that.

He never said he wanted a quick setup but if he does, BIGRed's aren't the way to go. No doubt.....:read: Personally, I'm not into speed, hearing "Pssst", or hitting sides. Just me though. ;)

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i want a fast set up, and i want it to sound like all 4 wheels popped when i deflate it just to be a big show off dickhead,im spending 4000 on bags i want it to be worth while, my next post is gonna be how do i mount the valves on my bags. thanks guys.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
thats alot of the fun with bags. I scare the shit out of people with my front valves. NOt only do they get the loud noise, air shoots off the side of my truck.

Then there is nothing like hitting a side somewhere, and everyone stares at your truck.

I'm proud to be a dickhead :anitoof:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
He never said he wanted a quick setup but if he does, BIGRed's aren't the way to go. No doubt.....:read: Personally, I'm not into speed, hearing "Pssst", or hitting sides. Just me though. ;)
You sound like me, heh ... I'm happy with my ride like it is ... I go days without ever laying the front out .... and if it takes me a few seconds to lay crossmember, thats ok .. I still lay crossmember. In California, there are more bagged trucks than here, and I guess the desire to be cooler than the next guy is higher ... here this is what the young guys are doing

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
3/8" SMC suck :read: I have them and they leak and get stuck. If I were to keep my truck I would buy BigReds

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
manual valves? If you hate the PSSST noise, manual valves are horrible. Every time u hit a switch, u'll go deaf... They also leak like crazy.

i personally lay out my truck everywhere i go. Hell, sometimes when i'm bored, i'll hit sides or dance the truck at lights.

I love my parker valves :read:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
manual valves? If you hate the PSSST noise, manual valves are horrible. Every time u hit a switch, u'll go deaf... They also leak like crazy.
I wasn't intending to run them, just showing what I have to compete around here, lol ... makes my Ride Pro system look like a million bucks.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hahaha, manual valves are also slower than 2 days...

if you want manual valves, don't get bags

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
02Silverado said:
3/8" SMC suck :read: I have them and they leak and get stuck. If I were to keep my truck I would buy BigReds
I've had my SMC's for about 1.5 years, no problems.....

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
02Silverado said:
1/2" SMC's are better. Different design, none of those problems. :bowtie:

Manual valves? :head: :anitoof:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know the shop that brandon's smcs came from. And I know that four of them were warranteed. And those four were cleaned and installed on other trucks, with no problems. There are some other problems there.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts