GMC Truck Forum banner

BL how long?

995 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Dark Eternal 
#1 ·
How long did it take all of you to do your bl? I was thinking about doing it after work today but by then it would be around 4:30 or 5pm gets dark around 8. Its a new truck so I wont have to worry about any rusted bolts, I have air tools and I have a friend. Could I do it in 3-4 hours or should I not risk it and do the bl and suspension lift in the same day?

#2 ·
ADyingDevotion said:
How long did it take all of you to do your bl? I was thinking about doing it after work today but by then it would be around 4:30 or 5pm gets dark around 8. Its a new truck so I wont have to worry about any rusted bolts, I have air tools and I have a friend. Could I do it in 3-4 hours or should I not risk it and do the bl and suspension lift in the same day?
Took me about 2 hours to do on a buddies 97ish ext. cab long bed.

#6 ·
Its not that hard...if you wanted, you could do your bed one day, cab the next...that would give you 3 hrs each day to get it done. And who cares if it looks funny for one day...i did my AALs over 4 different days, gone one done each day, so i went to school with one corner 2" higher than the rest, then the front was higher, then one rear corner sat lower the 3rd day...lol...then i got it done the 4th day.

#7 ·
Well I know on the 99+ trucks you would have to give it hell to get it done in 6 hours or less. This means everything back on the truck and ready to drive... I can do the actuall lifting the cab and the bed in a couple of hours, but its getting everything taken apart bumpers off, and then putting everything back together that takes so long.

I agree with stephen that I would allow a whole day for sure to do the body lift alone. Just because its your first time...

#8 ·
willyswanter said:
Seriously? There's not a whole lot to them...
no, not alot to them but by yourself its just time. I work pretty fast and it still takes me that long. both bumpers, steering, raditor, parkign brake, gas filler, then the bodylift itself. Its not hard, just no way could you do it in 2 hrs on a NBS truck by yourself. We did mine in 4 with 3 people, and could probably have done it in 3 hrs if we rushed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.